Good study habits for DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sarahashleyisaacs

Reaction score
I am wondering what are some good study habits for the DAT. I studied the whole summer six days a week for about three hours a day. However, I am a full-time college student and I work at a dental office as well. My scheduled date to take the DAT is 12/30. I did the Kaplan test prep during the summer. I have watched all Course Saver videos and am taking the quizzes currently. I purchased the DAT Cracker app with all sections of the DAT for on the go studying. My doctor gave me his old DAT Destroyer books. I have also signed up for DAT Boot Camp (although, I did not purchase the DAT Boot camp pro package because of how costly it is). I feel like I have a lot of resources for studying for the DAT. I just was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for what another study site/book is. I don't mind paying money to study resources. However, I am a full-time college student with a part-time job and so I am on a budget.

Thank you, everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

If you have a solid foundation of the sciences, just take multiple full lengths. Then review the full lengths in depth, write out every problem if you have to. I also took the full lengths untimed, took whole damn day/or two if I wanted to. I didn't have issues on the dat, finished the sciences section with time to spare. For Biology, if you don't know a concept, make sure to write notes on it. I put biology concepts from each FL in a Word document. I did this only before my DAT date and I felt well prepared and calm during the test. At the end, it depends on how you like to study best.

Reactions: 1 user
If you have a solid foundation of the sciences, just take multiple full lengths. Then review the full lengths in depth, write out every problem if you have to. I also took the full lengths untimed, took whole damn day/or two if I wanted to. I didn't have issues on the dat, finished the sciences section with time to spare. For Biology, if you don't know a concept, make sure to write notes on it. I put biology concepts from each FL in a Word document. I did this only before my DAT date and I felt well prepared and calm during the test. At the end, it depends on how you like to study best.
That makes sense! Thank you so much!

I am wondering what are some good study habits for the DAT. I studied the whole summer six days a week for about three hours a day. However, I am a full-time college student and I work at a dental office as well. My scheduled date to take the DAT is 12/30. I did the Kaplan test prep during the summer. I have watched all Course Saver videos and am taking the quizzes currently. I purchased the DAT Cracker app with all sections of the DAT for on the go studying. My doctor gave me his old DAT Destroyer books. I have also signed up for DAT Boot Camp (although, I did not purchase the DAT Boot camp pro package because of how costly it is). I feel like I have a lot of resources for studying for the DAT. I just was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for what another study site/book is. I don't mind paying money to study resources. However, I am a full-time college student with a part-time job and so I am on a budget.

Thank you, everyone!

I would say DAT Bootcamp and Destroyer are more than sufficient. I would still consider getting the most recent DAT Destroyer book as it's probably more up-to-date with the current edition of the DAT exam.

If you feel confident with concepts (Bio, GC, OC), then you should start practicing with the new Destroyer book and go over each section at least 2-3 times. Mix in full-length tests in between practice questions as well to keep you sharp on time management. I personally have gone through DAT destroyer multiple sections, and I felt confident taking the exam.

Don't forget to continue practicing PAT using PAT tool on Bootcamp!