Goodness, most of Achiever's gems are studded in Tests 4 and 5!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RSlex

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Someone from my school just gave me a list of question numbers from DAT Achiever which was claimed to be spot on for the DAT, and I think half of them are from tests 4 and 5 especially the sciences and the maths. Has anyone ever seen or heard of these and found them to be of extensive help?

Members don't see this ad.

Quick question. The achiever calculator would not clear after the first use and you would have to press the "C" button to erase everything for each subsequent calculation. Is that how the real calculator would operate at the testing center?

Quick question. The achiever calculator would not clear after the first use and you would have to press the "C" button to erase everything for each subsequent calculation. Is that how the real calculator would operate at the testing center?

I was in the habit of clicking C after every calculation and so I did do that most of the time, however, I did miss doing it on few occasions and I did realize that it used the last calculations... so yes I would recommend clearing it out everytime..

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds to me it would work like a desk calculator where you need to always clear the registers to begin a new operation.

I was about to complain this issue till I saw elsewhere on the forum that the calculator would work like you guys explained here. Anyway, the basic calculator on the real thing isn't much of a great feature out there. A lot of the problems depend very much on how quick you could figure out the steps to solving the tricks rather than cracking out the long calculations.

Thanks for the heads up, everyone. What about the questions on the QR sections? Have they become more difficult with the use of the calculator?

Thanks for the heads up, everyone. What about the questions on the QR sections? Have they become more difficult with the use of the calculator?

There is no indication from the ADA that QR questions have got harder with the implementation of the calculator. Granted, each DAT is different from many others of its own. It's always wise to over prepare a bit just in case luck isn't on your side on the big day. :luck:

I have been using the achiever and really finding the questions harder than other practice tests like many of you testified here. On the TFE of the PAT, I noticed that line counting method would not work very well on achiever's questions. Will the real questions be like that too, and should I adopt a different method that you guys can suggest here? Thanks.

I have been using the achiever and really finding the questions harder than other practice tests like many of you testified here. On the TFE of the PAT, I noticed that line counting method would not work very well on achiever's questions. Will the real questions be like that too, and should I adopt a different method that you guys can suggest here? Thanks.

Hey guys, any clue or tips please?

Some of these DAT questions can't be solved using line counting alone, but the projections they get you will be a lot simpler. You can easily figure out what the 3D object looks like to land on the correct view.

There is a cross section feature on their 3D app that you guys should definitely look into when reviewing the TFE questions. It allows you to really explore what's inside an object, which would really help visualizing the hidden lines. :thumbup:

There is a cross section feature on their 3D app that you guys should definitely look into when reviewing the TFE questions. It allows you to really explore what's inside an object, which would really help visualizing the hidden lines. :thumbup:

Oh yeah, the 3D solutions really help with so many control buttons and options to work with. FYI, you can actually make use of this "cross" feature to practice TFE using the keyhole models.

yes, you can only pay $40 to get the two remaining tests on achiever, provided you already bought the first three and emailed the dude.

Was wondering the same thing. Anyone who have bought the 3 tests managed to pay only the differential to get the other two?

also, achiever 1-3 reflect the real DAT more accurately than achiever 4-5.

i was getting 13-15 on the sciences in achiever, and got 18-20 on the real thing. figures. so bank on being able to do at least 3-5 points higher on the real thing if that helps your confidence any

question on achiever 4 bio number 36... it says that in translation, AUG doesn't result in an amino acid. But it should result in a methionine no?

Although methionine is an amino acid, its primary function involves the initiation of protein translation - very often it is cleaved in post-translational processing.

Check this reference:

http://drugsafetysite.com/herbs/methionine/

Oh yeah, the 3D solutions really help with so many control buttons and options to work with. FYI, you can actually make use of this "cross" feature to practice TFE using the keyhole models.

Hey, what 3D app you guys were talking about. I finished a PAT test, and when I pressed Solution for a keyhole question, nothing has happened. Am I missing anything that would need to make it work?

Although methionine is an amino acid, its primary function involves the initiation of protein translation - very often it is cleaved in post-translational processing.

Check this reference:

http://drugsafetysite.com/herbs/methionine/

Hey I'm a bit confused here. Whether or not that methionine is cleaved in post-translational processing, it has to be always coded by AUG, no?

Hey, what 3D app you guys were talking about. I finished a PAT test, and when I pressed Solution for a keyhole question, nothing has happened. Am I missing anything that would need to make it work?

You would need Solidworks eDrawings to display the 3D solution, and I think it's included in the installer when you first downloaded it.

Strange. I downloaded and reinstalled the software a few times and still won't get the edrawings thing to happen ...:(

Strange. I downloaded and reinstalled the software a few times and still won't get the edrawings thing to happen ...:(

Google "edrawings" and you should find a free download for its viewer both for PC and Mac. :luck:

Last edited: