Google Union?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VA77

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Pretty impressive that a company this big is even trying. We pharmacists will be working for $7.25 or whatever your state minimum wage is before we stand up.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
The time to unionize was when there was a shortage of workers.

There is a shortage of tech workers so now is the time to unionize.

For us, the ship had long sailed.

I thought Google was one of the best places to work? Don't they have ball pits, slides, punching bags, free gourmet meals, sleeping rooms etc?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The time to unionize was when there was a shortage of workers.

There is a shortage of tech workers so now is the time to unionize.

For us, the ship had long sailed.
sadly this is true - I worked in downstate Illinois when they had a huge shortage (think 30k sign on bonus's) and the rphs were unionized in Chicago - corporate broke the unions as they were too greedy to actually stand up and hold out on their strike. I am guessing many of them are second guessing that decision today.

I thought Google was one of the best places to work? Don't they have ball pits, slides, punching bags, free gourmet meals, sleeping rooms etc?
Yeah it’s amazing place to work for due to all perks but their employees barely get to enjoy any of that as they are too busy working and not getting bad review. Plus this big companies have too much politics, they fire people left and right. I always hear stories through family friends about their politics so I know how it is.