Goro's guide to applying to med school (2018 version)

Started by Goro
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Goro! This post is amazing! Would you mind looking over the school list I posted earlier?



I was wondering for this rough rule of thumb what the harvard/stanford class schools are? Also, would there be exceptions to this rule of thumb applying to URM? Thank you for your help!
517/3.7 for Harvard/Stanford class schools.

Yes, URMs get cut some slack. Look at schools <10th %s
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello @Goro , thank you very much for this post, very helpful information.

Due to covid and exam cancellations; I will be submitting my primary AMCAS tomorrow without an MCAT score.

I want to be wise about school selections,
GPA : 3.4
URM
NY
Strong EC’s including research.


I may fit into this category referenced in your post ( GPA >3.4, MCAT <511: Drexel/Albany class schools)
My question is, what are the Drexel /Albany class schools? Do you have a link you can redirect me to, please?

Thank you.
 
Hello @Goro , thank you very much for this post, very helpful information.

Due to covid and exam cancellations; I will be submitting my primary AMCAS tomorrow without an MCAT score.

I want to be wise about school selections,
GPA : 3.4
URM
NY
Strong EC’s including research.


I may fit into this category referenced in your post ( GPA >3.4, MCAT <511: Drexel/Albany class schools)
My question is, what are the Drexel /Albany class schools? Do you have a link you can redirect me to, please?

Thank you.
What ethnicity?

Invest in MSAR and you'll see who the Drexel/Albany class schools are. With that GPA, you need DO schools on the list as well.