gossip...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Acro Yali

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do gossips run rampant in your school? Sometimes, the maturity level of some of my classmates drop to that below of high school teenagers. Sometimes, I think those rumors came out of jealousy, and sometimes, I think they are just being bored that they have to "invent" rumors to spread around (I know, kinda pathetic if you ask me). Do you feel like slapping sense into them like I do once in awhile? :D

Members don't see this ad.

I agree that it's a lot like high school sometimes. It's inevitable since you see the same people all the time everyday. Sure, people know a little bit about what's going on with everyone else, but I haven't seen any malicious gossip-spreading. Then again, I tend not to notice that kind of thing anyway and just go about my own business.

It's best to mind your own business. However, the class sizes are usually small. Everyone studies all the time. A lot of people find time to destress by opening a can of "juicy gossip." It's very very sad, indeed.

Members don't see this ad :)
well, most of our lives at Tufts are so uneventful that no one finds anything to gossip about!:D actually, that's only a half-truth, the other part is that so many people are married or engaged and everyone has gotten used to the 5 intra-class couples that formed last year that no one is really interested in "juicy gossip". I mean, no one cares what Jane and her husband Joe do in the privacy of their own home, and with the second year first semester schedule the single people are not going out and partying and having outrageous amounts of fun either, hence, leaving nothing to talk about. Although some of my classmates are insufferable and arrogant, the gossip circuit isn't a big problem.

Well, personally, I think they have a serious underlying psychopathology or something. And it is very bizzare to me when I see some of my classmates act like high schoolers. Granted these kind of people are not the majority in class but boy, do I want to slap them sometimes.

You are going to have gossip no matter where you are. That's just how it is when you put a group of people together everyday. Teachers form cliques and gossip about the other cliques, office workers gossip about the other people in the office...It's just life. So if you don't like it, try to ignore it.