Got a Status Update letter from USC... what does it mean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikhiel

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a letter today from USC telling me that my application has completed the preliminary review, and it has been processed to the third, and most critical level of review.

What does this mean? Has anyone else gotten similar letters? I know people have already been interviewing at USC, so am I still being considered?

I mean, I understand what it says... haha. But have others gotten a similar letter? I'm trying to figure out if this letter is just something telling me I'm not good enough for an interview, but not to give up hope quite yet... possibly an invite soon?

Also... if anyone knows the application requirements (in particular, LoR requirements), could you post them? I think I might be missing a recommendation for them, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for input/help/etc.

Members don't see this ad.

i think it's just saying your app has been completed. i got the same letter about a month and half ago but i haven't heard from them yet.. it doesn't hint at anything really. you just gotta wait i guess..

It's just letting you know the status of your application. I received several random letters or postcards from them over the past couple of months. They start their interview process a bit later than most other schools so don't fret if an interview invite isn't in your mailbox in the next couple of weeks.