Got a very nice interview invite over phone, call back?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sommerwing

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a very nice interview invite by an associate program director on my voice mail (I wasn't availale to pick up at the time).

I was wondering if I should call them back tomorrow to say thank you. I would love to, but I know they are very busy and they didn't specifically ask me to call them back. Would an email would be more appropriate?
 
Sounds great, thank you. Any recommendations on time (Should I wait till the afternoon as he may be rounding in the morning?)?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Reply in the same medium (a call for a call, email for an email) unless instructed otherwise.

Respond as quickly as possible to save your spot.
 
I got a very nice interview invite by an associate program director on my voice mail (I wasn't availale to pick up at the time).

I was wondering if I should call them back tomorrow to say thank you. I would love to, but I know they are very busy and they didn't specifically ask me to call them back. Would an email would be more appropriate?

I think you are overthinking this. Just do what you would normally do if someone called you and left a message (but obviously take this seriously)

That being said I got 2 phone messages from 2 programs but they were from a program coordinator (not PD). I would phone back (as a courtesy) instead of e-mail asap - don't worry about what time it is just call asap.

Interview spots are constantly being gobbled up to make sure you get your choice of date I would contact them asap.