Got an acceptance from Temple today . . .

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fat_Man

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got an acceptance from Temple today. Just thought you might want to know. They are giving till Feb. 1st to put down deposit, so things are going to be moving a bit faster now.

Members don't see this ad.

congrats fat man...go out an celebrate! you're gonna be a dentist in 4 years

Members don't see this ad :)
Fat_Man said:
Got an acceptance from Temple today. Just thought you might want to know. They are giving till Feb. 1st to put down deposit, so things are going to be moving a bit faster now.

What did you write on the pre-interview form questions....mainly the why temple question.......thanks for any input

Fat_Man said:

I got one from Temple TOO!!! Congrats! We might just see you there!

congrats to both of you
fat man - are you going?
true dat - see you there

themarvinh said:
congrats to both of you
fat man - are you going?
true dat - see you there

Well, it's not my first choice, but I would be more than happy going there. If I don't get into my first choice, then yeah, I'll be there. I was very impressed with their program. And for those of you who asked my stats and stuff, here they are:

App sent in Sept 16th - interviewed at Temple in December
DAT: 22/21 (AA/PA)
GPA: 3.8/3.8 (BS/MS)

Just wondering, how long did it take for you to get their response letter after you interviewed? I'm doubting whether I should go to my interview anymore because the AdCom person I talked to said 104 deposits have been received for their class (which only has 125 seats) =(

Congrats Fat Man!!!
Goodluck at your first choice.

enginerd said:
Just wondering, how long did it take for you to get their response letter after you interviewed? I'm doubting whether I should go to my interview anymore because the AdCom person I talked to said 104 deposits have been received for their class (which only has 125 seats) =(

GO TO THE INTERVIEW! Even if 104 deposites have been made, there are people like me who are would go there, but are still hoping for their first choice schools. If you haven't gotten in anywhere or if Temple is your first choice, go the the interview no matter what . . .

Fat_Man said:

I hate to be late on this, but anyway: CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Congrats!

What are you going to do now? (with you other schools? where do you want to go? are you still interested in OHSU?)

Fat_Man said:
GO TO THE INTERVIEW! Even if 104 deposites have been made, there are people like me who are would go there, but are still hoping for their first choice schools. If you haven't gotten in anywhere or if Temple is your first choice, go the the interview no matter what . . .

Good job fatty!

Maybe will be classmates next fall.

hd

Fat_Man said:

Thanks for the encouragement Fat_Man. :) I'm thinking by the time I get my interview response letter (whether it be good or bad) the class will have already been filled by then. Because from the looks of your schedule it took them a month(?) to give you their decision.

I also got an acceptance to Boston Univ., but I don't know how Boston compares to Temple reputation-wise. (I'm from the west coast)

litlmisa said:
Congrats!

What are you going to do now? (with you other schools? where do you want to go? are you still interested in OHSU?)

Yeah, I'm still interested, but it doesn't look like they're gonna interview many out of staters . . .

Fat_Man said:

Congrats! :thumbup: