Got an interview at Case

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sgdorfl90

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, guys, to those who receieved an interview invite from case, post along, we can probably gather and get to know each other before our interviews, that would be good. Anyways, all case invites, post in this thread. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
dippedindettol said:
case is interviewing already? i doubt it.

mr. dettol, do you want me to scan my interview letter? If you don't trust, don't respond. Very simple, good luck to you too.

armorshell said:
Well that was fast! Congrats!

thank you, hope you hear from schools as well, good luck. Thanks for congratulating, and not doubting.

sgdorfl90 said:
thank you, hope you hear from schools as well, good luck. Thanks for congratulating, and not doubting.
You've been here too long to start trolling now. Plus you have ridiculous stats.

Seems possible...

lol dude, ur msg was a little vague. good for you that you got an interview. i thought u were asking ppl to post who had interview offers. i was in the impression that case doesn't start till august. chill out, soldier.

dippedindettol said:
lol dude, ur msg was a little vague. good for you that you got an interview. i thought u were asking ppl to post who had interview offers. i was in the impression that case doesn't start till august. chill out, soldier.

no worries, i guess I was a little uptight, sorry about that. Ya, it was weird I was surprised as well, and I told my mom to throw away the letter thinking it was just more information about the school. She opened, and slapped me twice right where my cerebellum is and cussed in gujarati(indian language). Well, good luck to you.

did ur mom say bhenchod or harami? lol good luck on the interview. how long did it take after ur application was submitted? my aadsas just went out on the 17th

sgdorfl90 said:
no worries, i guess I was a little uptight, sorry about that. Ya, it was weird I was surprised as well, and I told my mom to throw away the letter thinking it was just more information about the school. She opened, and slapped me twice right where my cerebellum is and cussed in gujarati(indian language). Well, good luck to you.

are you from Ohio?

busdent said:
are you from Ohio?

UCLA!!! Fight Fight Fight

Guys, that means they started sending them out, so everyone will get it.

dippedindettol said:
did ur mom say bhenchod or harami? lol good luck on the interview. how long did it take after ur application was submitted? my aadsas just went out on the 17th

mine went out June 30. She said Benchod. :)

sgdorfl90 said:
mine went out June 30. She said Benchod. :)

case makes the same mistake every year..they fill up their interview slots way too quickly and then scramble at the end with a bunch of useless alternate list and late interviews..and deny people with great stats who applied anytime after september.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also applying to case and waiting for it

for whoever that has already recieved an interview....did they offer it without your LORs? or do they even do that?

sgdorfl90 said:
Hi, guys, to those who receieved an interview invite from case, post along, we can probably gather and get to know each other before our interviews, that would be good. Anyways, all case invites, post in this thread. Good luck.

hey i also got a letter from case yesterday inviting me for an interview..congrats!! :D and to all those waiting..good luck! :thumbup:

messenger said:
for whoever that has already recieved an interview....did they offer it without your LORs? or do they even do that?

i had my LORs in...so im not sure..sorry!

I got an interview at San Antonio with no LORs.

tinman831 said:
Schools don't even look at your application until you submit all your LORs.

i think this is generally true, but not always the case. schools probably use GPA/DAT as main means of selecting applicants for interviews. if an applicant has amazing stats but is missing a LOR, i doubt a school will blow off interviewing the applicant. however, it is doubtful that a school will accept an applicant missing a LOR.

just my 2 cents,
WS :)

Well deserved..CONGRATS CONGRATS!!! All your hard work is paying off....Good luck on your way to being a dentist..Doc

sgdorfl90 said:

tissy said:
Well deserved..CONGRATS CONGRATS!!! All your hard work is paying off....Good luck on your way to being a dentist..Doc

tissy, thanx for the kind words, but in the interview letter, they captialize a sentence that say we are just seriously considering you, no way should this be assumed to be a final acceptance. I hope I do well at interviews, and hope to see more sdners hear something today, I am sure I am not the only guy getting an interview. Good luck to you, and hopefully see you at some interview.

Wow, people getting interviews already?? Thats crazy. But congrats, and good luck on the interview.

ps: I also applied to case, only got their letter few days ago with their program booklet and the app. status sheet.

dippedindettol said:
case is interviewing already? i doubt it.

he said he got the invite already... Case doesn't interview until august, but they invite you beforehand

I also recieved an interview invite from Case today!!! I'm pretty excited about it.

To all of you who received interviews: Did your application go out on June 30th (the first batch)?

BirkChick said:
To all of you who received interviews: Did your application go out on June 30th (the first batch)?

yea mine did

BirkChick said:

Submitted May 16th, Mailed out June 30th.

carpedm said:
Submitted May 16th, Mailed out June 30th.

hmm..i applied july 6th. by the time case gets my application they will probably be booked for interviews until march. its nuts

does case have any secondary fees/application? if yes, for those who received an invite, did you already submit the secondary stuff?

thanks.

pbure said:
hmm..i applied july 6th. by the time case gets my application they will probably be booked for interviews until march. its nuts

Case probably got all of my stuff around early-mid August. I had an interview scheduled for October. GL to all you guys :cool:

Does anyone know if Case gives preference for acceptance to people that were on their alternate list the year before?

There are no secondaries for Case

lovechild404 said:
does case have any secondary fees/application? if yes, for those who received an invite, did you already submit the secondary stuff?

thanks.

Although there is no preference, they will probably look at those who were on the alternate list the previous year favorably as they will think you are (determined) interested in attending Case. If the reason you were on the alternate list was due to a late application, applying early this year may give you an early interview and possibly higher chance of acceptance.

Seahawks22 said:
Does anyone know if Case gives preference for acceptance to people that were on their alternate list the year before?

interview scheduled for aug 21 :scared: anyone else scheduled that day?

now I feel dumb for not sending in my check as early as I should have, Aug 21 would have been perfect for me, since thats in the middle of my school's break between summer and fall terms, my check got deposited on the 20 so I'm hoping that maybe there will be some spots in that week that I can snatch up :scared:

sgdorfl90 said:

The faculty at Case is very nice. Campus is nice and festive. Surroundings are not so great, weather was gloomy.

But that was when I interviewed. Make sure, you visit the campus the night before.

I got lost the morning of, luckily i left 2 hours early just in case.

Gluck

gator1210 said:
The faculty at Case is very nice. Campus is nice and festive. Surroundings are not so great, weather was gloomy.

But that was when I interviewed. Make sure, you visit the campus the night before.

I got lost the morning of, luckily i left 2 hours early just in case.

Gluck

cleveland is always gloomy :laugh: . that place is either winter or getting ready for winter, so i heard.

I love winter and snow! :D

I received an interview invite today! Whoo hoo! I'm thrilled! :cool:

Application Submitted May 29th, Mailed Out July 10th.

Woohoo, got an interview invite today, 3 days after getting my confirmation letter LOL.

All of you who are getting invites to Case for interviews are making me pee in my pants or making me sleepless.

My AADSAS application was submitted to AADSAS on May 26th, and the hardcopy mailed out to the dental schools on July 21st.

Last week, I received a letter from Case stating that my application is complete and ready to be reviewed by the admissions committee.

However, I have yet to re-take my DAT. How the hell can they go ahead and review my application?

Oh well, I'm just crossing my fingers to get an invite letter.

On the other hand, for those of you who received interview offers from Case, would you mind posting your GPA and DAT scores? I just want to get an idea if I will be qualified for an interview.

ArmoredTooth said:
All of you who are getting invites to Case for interviews are making me pee in my pants or making me sleepless.

On the other hand, for those of you who received interview offers from Case, would you mind posting your GPA and DAT scores? I just want to get an idea if I will be qualified for an interview.

It's all down there :thumbdown: on my signature...you should be fine.

nobody have the same interview date with me?? 8/28?? :eek:

PS: my stats are in my signature as well

I just got the interview invite. My scores are 19/20/19 and 3.32 GPA.

ArmoredTooth said:

My AADSAS application was submitted to AADSAS on May 26th, and the hardcopy mailed out to the dental schools on July 21st.

Last week, I received a letter from Case stating that my application is complete and ready to be reviewed by the admissions committee.

However, I have yet to re-take my DAT. How the hell can they go ahead and review my application?

Oh well, I'm just crossing my fingers to get an invite letter.

Hey all, congrats to those with an interview and good luck to those still waiting!

Just a quick question: For those with the interviews, did everyone recieve letter/package before the interview invitation or just the invite?

Reason why I'm asking is that I am going on vaction for a week (starting today) and I was notified that I had recieved a big envelope from Case. Now I can't check it for a week. I haven't recieve anything from Case yet since my application was mailed on July 24th let alone a status letter some of you are mentioning. If this is an invite I would like to schedule before the dates are gobbled up.

Also, do they send out information packages/status letters before they reject you? Or do they just reject you straight out.

Thanks everyone.

I got a letter from Case yesterday stating that they will place my application on hold until they receive the scores of my second DAT.

Shucks. :(

Leeuwenhoek said:
Hey all, congrats to those with an interview and good luck to those still waiting!

Just a quick question: For those with the interviews, did everyone recieve letter/package before the interview invitation or just the invite?

Reason why I'm asking is that I am going on vaction for a week (starting today) and I was notified that I had recieved a big envelope from Case. Now I can't check it for a week. I haven't recieve anything from Case yet since my application was mailed on July 24th let alone a status letter some of you are mentioning. If this is an invite I would like to schedule before the dates are gobbled up.

Also, do they send out information packages/status letters before they reject you? Or do they just reject you straight out.

Thanks everyone.

I got a packet about a week before I got the invite. It is full of information about the program and how they are changing it. Good luck.

Interview August 25th.