Got feedback for article

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsychResearch

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I got feedback for an article with a revise and resubmit decision. In my paper, I used self and parent report data and stated that this is a strenght/contribution of the study. When past research used multiple informants they use X informant to measure Y construct, Z informant to measure Q construct. In my dataset, I have self- and parent-report of the same constructs. I know why it is important to use multiple informants I just don't know how to answer this question:

Why is separate analysis of self- and parent-report data important relative to approaches that have combined information from such informants?

Any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

Well, the subject area is outside of my expertise, but if you're saying that some aspect of your methodology is a contribution/strength, you need to provide a rationale for it. Just saying "this hasn't been done before" is not enough; you need to convince the reader why it is a worthwhile way of looking at the construct. Otherwise a reader might think that you are presenting the data in this manner because you couldn't get the desired results using the "normal" method.

It certainly sounds like your approach is a strength. Is your methodology unique? I wonder if others have done likewise and may have written about this.