1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Got feedback for article

Discussion in 'Psychology [Psy.D. / Ph.D.]' started by PsychResearch, Jul 21, 2011.

1. PsychResearch

2+ Year Member

Hi!

I got feedback for an article with a revise and resubmit decision. In my paper, I used self and parent report data and stated that this is a strenght/contribution of the study. When past research used multiple informants they use X informant to measure Y construct, Z informant to measure Q construct. In my dataset, I have self- and parent-report of the same constructs. I know why it is important to use multiple informants I just don't know how to answer this question:

Why is separate analysis of self- and parent-report data important relative to approaches that have combined information from such informants?

Any ideas?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. PerhapsMaybeOk

I'll need a co-authorship in order to answer this one :love:

4. Huxwell

Huxwell Ph.D. Student

Psychology Student
    Well, the subject area is outside of my expertise, but if you're saying that some aspect of your methodology is a contribution/strength, you need to provide a rationale for it. Just saying "this hasn't been done before" is not enough; you need to convince the reader why it is a worthwhile way of looking at the construct. Otherwise a reader might think that you are presenting the data in this manner because you couldn't get the desired results using the "normal" method.

5. wigflip

2+ Year Member

It certainly sounds like your approach is a strength. Is your methodology unique? I wonder if others have done likewise and may have written about this.