MSW Got into Rutgers MSW program! What's it like?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chessy

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everybody,

A while ago, I wrote that I was worried getting into some MSW programs. Fortunately, I got into a lot, especially Rutgers. After a tough decision, I chose Rutgers-Newark and will be commuting there starting September. I just want to know what the program is like. I have reviewed the website and feel like I know everything on there but I want to hear from students what the program is like. Is there anybody that has gone there and can tell me things about the program aren't on the brochure and website? Like which professors are the hardest and which class has the biggest workload?

This last question is a bit immature but what is the student life like for grad students? I know Rutgers-Newark is shown to be a commuter school but I was wondering if there are things like parties, talent shows, or even field trips for the students.

Please tell me anything you know.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Have you asked the program to connect you with some of its alums? Hopefully they've kept up with a few that would be happy to chat with you.

Reactions: 1 user
Have you asked the program to connect you with some of its alums? Hopefully they've kept up with a few that would be happy to chat with you.
Oh I have spoken to some alums and they say the program is very different now. For example, they started doing a lot more exams now to prepare students for the licensing test. I also learned that A LOT of my professors were in the program and they tell us a lot about their experiences.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there an option for you to visit the program and maybe sit in on some classes?

Reactions: 1 user