got kick out from pharmacy school in forth year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kelvin555lll

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, folk. I need some advice. I got kick out from pharmacy school in the last year because i fail two times of the inpatient rotation in last year. I go to temple pharmacy school. Should i go back and restart everything again or just go to make other career choice?

Members don't see this ad.

If you can appeal the expulsion then do so. If not then see if the school can transfer credit for the courses you completed. If you're left with nothing then making another career choice is better than wasting another 4 years of life.

Consulting with an education law attorney may help you navigate this problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
5 yr member; strong 1st post.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Let me understand. You are asking if you should restart something that you have failed at twice and take your chances? The process that might take 4 more years with no guarantee of completion?

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
I honestly feel so bad for you OP

Reactions: 1 users
What were the reasons for failures, are they fixable, and we’re they at the same institution? As a student preceptor, I have lots of questions.

Reactions: 3 users
I know what you mean but that is a funny way to phrase it.

If you can’t appeal the decision, cut your losses OP.

Haha I reread my own post and yeah that’s kinda weird.

“As a preceptor of students” is more better.

Reactions: 1 user
This sucks, but as has been said many times to prospective students, schools are literally accepting anyone who is alive. Just because you are accepted to pharmacy school, doesn't mean you will ever graduate. And some schools will push people through graduation even though they have taught the students nothing, and then the students can't ever pass the NAPLEX and actually work as a pharmacist. It may be too late for you OP, but hopefully other prospective students will read your story (and the many other similar stories here) and take it to heart.

As for you personally, OP, if you want actual helpful answers, you need to tell us the rest of the story. Schools don't normally expel someone for failing a rotation twice.....unless of course the student had a history of failure and was on shaky ground already. Also important, why did you fail the rotation? Lack of knowledge? Laziness--not doing the work or showing up for your rotation? Unprofessionalism--sexual harassment, cheating, out and out rudeness and contempt for the people you were working with?

And why are you asking if you should start over and repeat everything? Do you mean your last year of rotations? Do you mean starting again at another pharmacy school, because it is extremely unlikely you would be accepted at another pharmacy school (because spoiler alert, even though I said pharmacy schools were literally accepting anyone who is alive, one exception to that is someone who was expelled from another pharmacy school.)

If you really want to be a pharmacist, and with the information you've given, I can't say if that is a reasonable or desirable plan at this point, but if you really do, you need to talk with your school and find out what you can do to get reinstated.

Reactions: 4 users
Hey, folk. I need some advice. I got kick out from pharmacy school in the last year because i fail two times of the inpatient rotation in last year. I go to temple pharmacy school. Should i go back and restart everything again or just go to make other career choice?
What year was it when you started pharmacy school?

• Haha
Update- i do get expelled from the pharmacy school in the APPE. Life is rough and desperate for me at that moment, but i dont think my life is ending there. I feel God give me another plan, so i work as hard as possible in a mail order pharmacy as pharmacy technician and paid off some of the student loan. This year I am so lucky to get accept from radiology school to earn the assoicate degree, i do hope i can graduate this time and pursuit a bachalor degree as an MRI tech. I wish anyone get in the same situtaion like me can read this story. You can be success if you never give up.

Reactions: 8 users
Update- i do get expelled from the pharmacy school in the APPE. Life is rough and desperate for me at that moment, but i dont think my life is ending there. I feel God give me another plan, so i work as hard as possible in a mail order pharmacy as pharmacy technician and paid off some of the student loan. This year I am so lucky to get accept from radiology school to earn the assoicate degree, i do hope i can graduate this time and pursuit a bachalor degree as an MRI tech. I wish anyone get in the same situtaion like me can read this story. You can be success if you never give up.

I hope that is not your real name. Good luck to you, probably for the best. Pharmacy is a dumpster fire right now.

A rare win for a pharmacy student, getting out before it's too late. I love a feel-good story.

Take note pharmacy prospects.... run, run as far as you can, opposite direction

A rare win for a pharmacy student, getting out before it's too late. I love a feel-good story.

Take note pharmacy prospects.... run, run as far as you can, opposite direction
Getting kicked out in APPE year isn't a win - you get all the debt without a degree. That being said, I'm happy OP seems to be handling it well.

Reactions: 5 users
This year I am so lucky to get accept from radiology school to earn the assoicate degree, i do hope i can graduate this time and pursuit a bachalor degree as an MRI tech. I wish anyone get in the same situtaion like me can read this story. You can be success if you never give up.

Sounds like a solid choice. Let us know how it goes

You are obviously not a native English speaker. Good luck.

The best time to get kicked out of pharmacy school was before starting. The next best time to get kicked out is now.

• Hmm