Got my score yesterday

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reina

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,
i got my score of part 1 yesterday
got 79!!!!idonnow i should be happy that passed or unhappy for the low score!!!!!!

so what,s gonna happend to me?
if i get part2 and get a high score ,does it help?tell me guys
i should start for toefl ,too

take care

Members don't see this ad.

reina said:
Hi there,
got 79!!!!idonnow i should be happy that passed or unhappy for the low score!!!!!!

take care

Na dear....
your part 1 score matters not the part 2. I would say improve your scores.
But dont get stressed and dont take it negative...... but I know people who had 88 but no call from anywhere..... Rest its your decision....

reina said:
Hi there,

take care

Hey reina, how r u??? Ok so u got a 79, at least u passed but honestly that score will get u nowhere.
My advice to u is take a break for a couple of weeks, get the new 2006 decks that are coming out next year and start studying for part 1 again. Remember, as long as ur passing u can take the test as many times u want.

Don't do the mistake I made by wasting time and energy on part 2 at this point. You need at least an 84 to get in somewhere, that's another 5 points , so it's not that bad.

Keep looking for study partners, group studying is invaluable.

Best of luck!

Regards,

Members don't see this ad :)
reina said:
Hi there,

take care

Hi Reina

I agree with the people here so far...that you should retake Part I. It's probably the first time you took it. So don't worry too much. You know what is expected from you on the exam the next time. I'm sure you'll do a lot better next time. Take this exam as a learning experience. I took my exam in March for the first time as well and pretty much got the same mark as you. But I took that as a learning experience. I know I could have done a lot better had I been fully prepared for it. So take a break for a short while and then start studying for it again. I'm sure you'll study a lot more effectively this time. Good luck... :luck: . Don't get depressed or down too much....you CAN definitely do very well on it with continued persistence and motivation.

cheer_up said:
Hi Reina

I agree with the people here so far...that you should retake Part I. It's probably the first time you took it. So don't worry too much. You know what is expected from you on the exam the next time. I'm sure you'll do a lot better next time. Take this exam as a learning experience. I took my exam in March for the first time as well and pretty much got the same mark as you. But I took that as a learning experience. I know I could have done a lot better had I been fully prepared for it. So take a break for a short while and then start studying for it again. I'm sure you'll study a lot more effectively this time. Good luck... :luck: . Don't get depressed or down too much....you CAN definitely do very well on it with continued persistence and motivation.

hey,I tried to pm me
it was full,delete some
take care

reina said:
hey,I tried to pm me
it was full,delete some
take care

Hi Reina

Sorry for the inconvenience. Didn't know my mailbox is full :D . Anyway, I just deleted a bunch of them. So if want to PM me, there should be no problem now.

reina said:
hey,I tried to pm me
it was full,delete some
take care

Hi Reina

Sorry for the inconvenience.....didn't know my mailbox is full :D . Anyway, I just deleted a bunch of them. So if want to PM me, there should be no problem now.

hello,
sorry to say.....but even a score of 84 these days wont land u anywhere!itz the 90's era!take care!
waso said:
Hey reina, how r u??? Ok so u got a 79, at least u passed but honestly that score will get u nowhere.
My advice to u is take a break for a couple of weeks, get the new 2006 decks that are coming out next year and start studying for part 1 again. Remember, as long as ur passing u can take the test as many times u want.

Don't do the mistake I made by wasting time and energy on part 2 at this point. You need at least an 84 to get in somewhere, that's another 5 points , so it's not that bad.

Keep looking for study partners, group studying is invaluable.

Best of luck!

Regards,

FIRST OF ALL CONGRATS!
YOU PASSED. It IS GOOD THAT YOU ARE GETTING THE HONEST OPINION OF EVERY ONE HERE. PASSING IN ITSELF IS AN ACCOMPLISHMENT. BE PROUD OF YOURSELF. KNOW THAT YOU WILL ONLY GET BETTER FROM THIS EXPERIENCE WELCOME IT,EMBRACE IT. DON'T THINK ABOUT, HOW HARD IT WAS TO GET THIS FAR. TRY AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU WERE WEEK IN AND WRITE IT DOWN. SO WHEN AND IF YOU SHOULD STUDY AGAIN YOU WILL KNOW YOUR WEEK SPOTS. keep IT SIMPLE THIS TIME AROUND. GET THE DECKS 2006 AND THE 2005 KAPLAN BOOK AND THE EXAMS AND LOOK AT THIS 79 AS A PRE-TEST ,THAT AT LEAST, YOU PASSED AND WHEN YOU STUDY 90 MORE DAYS A 79 WILL CHANGE INTO A 90. I DID THIS AND EVEN THOUGH I DID NOT GET A 90 I WENT UP OVER 15-20 POINTS IN THREE SUBJECTS. SO YOU CAN DO IT!!!! BE STRONG THERE IS NO SUCCESS WITHOUT STRUGGLE, AND HALF WAY THERE IS BETTER THEN JUST STARTING AT THE BEGINNING, I AM SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THAT. ALSO APPLY TO THE M.S AND POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMS, THERE ARE PLENTY OF PEOPLE WHO GOT INTO THESE PROGRAMS WITH YOUR SCORE AND A LITTLE LESS AND MORE. THESE PROGRAMS WILL LET YOU SPECIALIZE AND PRACTICE IN YOUR SPECIALTY IN THE State OF WHICH YOU ATTENDED THE PROGRAM. SO BY DOING THIS YOU WILL BE COVERING ALL YOUR BASES. WORST CASE, YOU WILL TAKE THE TEST OVER AND GET A 90 AND THAT IS NOT THAT BAD. HAPPY HOLIDAYS.- GOD BLESS - BILL

Hi..... it's hard to get a low score after studying hard. I know because i didn't do that great either. Just don't get depressed because then you will get nothing done. Study even harder and i'm sure that you will do better. Get a study partner, it will encourage you to study on days when you just don't want to. Good Luck.....

FIXENSMILES01 said:
FIRST OF ALL CONGRATS!
YOU PASSED. It IS GOOD THAT YOU ARE GETTING THE HONEST OPINION OF EVERY ONE HERE. PASSING IN ITSELF IS AN ACCOMPLISHMENT. BE PROUD OF YOURSELF. KNOW THAT YOU WILL ONLY GET BETTER FROM THIS EXPERIENCE WELCOME IT,EMBRACE IT. DON'T THINK ABOUT, HOW HARD IT WAS TO GET THIS FAR. TRY AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU WERE WEEK IN AND WRITE IT DOWN. SO WHEN AND IF YOU SHOULD STUDY AGAIN YOU WILL KNOW YOUR WEEK SPOTS. keep IT SIMPLE THIS TIME AROUND. GET THE DECKS 2006 AND THE 2005 KAPLAN BOOK AND THE EXAMS AND LOOK AT THIS 79 AS A PRE-TEST ,THAT AT LEAST, YOU PASSED AND WHEN YOU STUDY 90 MORE DAYS A 79 WILL CHANGE INTO A 90. I DID THIS AND EVEN THOUGH I DID NOT GET A 90 I WENT UP OVER 15-20 POINTS IN THREE SUBJECTS. SO YOU CAN DO IT!!!! BE STRONG THERE IS NO SUCCESS WITHOUT STRUGGLE, AND HALF WAY THERE IS BETTER THEN JUST STARTING AT THE BEGINNING, I AM SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THAT. ALSO APPLY TO THE M.S AND POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMS, THERE ARE PLENTY OF PEOPLE WHO GOT INTO THESE PROGRAMS WITH YOUR SCORE AND A LITTLE LESS AND MORE. THESE PROGRAMS WILL LET YOU SPECIALIZE AND PRACTICE IN YOUR SPECIALTY IN THE State OF WHICH YOU ATTENDED THE PROGRAM. SO BY DOING THIS YOU WILL BE COVERING ALL YOUR BASES. WORST CASE, YOU WILL TAKE THE TEST OVER AND GET A 90 AND THAT IS NOT THAT BAD. HAPPY HOLIDAYS.- GOD BLESS - BILL

hi could you elaborate it i just dont get it if any one can not mach to Advance programs and then coulod apply for ms and then practice dentstry?
is that what you mean? and if so would you tell us which states and wich schools have such prgrams:confused:

BABAK kabab said:
hi could you elaborate it i just dont get it if any one can not mach to Advance programs and then coulod apply for ms and then practice dentstry?
is that what you mean? and if so would you tell us which states and wich schools have such prgrams:confused:
salam babak kabab
after MS program you can practice in some state like washington, texas ,you can check the web site ofstate board of the state you want to practice :) :luck:

yasi said:
salam babak kabab
after MS program you can practice in some state like washington, texas ,you can check the web site ofstate board of the state you want to practice :) :luck:
Hi Yasi can you explain me about Ms programme you mean if we don't do dds we can apply for ms .what is the requirment to apply for that .can we apply after part 1 and can we practice dentistry after that.Thanks.

aisha ajmal said:
Hi Yasi can you explain me about Ms programme you mean if we don't do dds we can apply for ms .what is the requirment to apply for that .can we apply after part 1 and can we practice dentistry after that.Thanks.

Its very simple....go to each dental school website and have a look at the requirements for their MS programs. Also look at the various Dental State Boards. most of the information will be there. The internet will answer most of your questions............... so use it.......

Hi, everyone! I'm new to this forum and I was wondering if the Kaplan courses are worth it?I took the ndb 1 and received an average of 82 but failed phy/bio part.Any response will be appeciated.Thanx...