got my scores back..verbal killed me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jillzhou

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what happened but I ended up with a 6 on the March MCAT verbal. I absolutely need to retake it. Now that I'll be retaking it in 2 months, I'm thinking around June, how do practice for verbal? I feel I've exhausted all my verbal materials, from the PR hyperlearning book to EK, now what? I tried redoing a few passages today and I got nearly all of them correct so I know something is off. I may need new material? but I feel i've already used the good stuff. Any advice appreciated so stressed out!! :idea:

Members don't see this ad.

How did you feel the day of the test? Focused, stressed? You get the idea.

I have noticed that focus level and how I feel has a greater effect on Verbal than anything.

So you just have to find a routine that works for you to put you in the right mindset, to be focused but not freaking out.

But I've posted this in alot of thread, I've noticed a positive effect by reading a little slower and really connecting everything way through the passage. Saves alot of time in referring back. Also immediately eliminate wrong answer choices, even if nothing else grabs you, getting all the wrong ones out of the way makes it much more manageable.