Got post-december interview? Post here

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smileurdentist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDNers,

Anybody got post-december interview please post here with the date you received the invitation and if you don't mind sharing your stats

Good luck all!

Members don't see this ad.

Would love see some feedback on this thread! Email from UNLV on 11/27/12. Interview on 2/15/13.

Gpa: 3.3 TS:22 AA:21 PAT: 21

Interview at NOVA, Jan 10th. (Edit: I received it in early October)

I'm most likely dropping it because I got accepted at my top choice school

Members don't see this ad :)
Now that the first batch of acceptances have been sent out, is there a pause in interview invites or are schools continuously sending them out?

email came 12/4: Tufts 3.3/3.6s/high dat

Declined interview.

Now that the first batch of acceptances have been sent out, is there a pause in interview invites or are schools continuously sending them out?

some schools will continue in January
Detroit Mercy and Boston told me they do... but I think they are sending invitations now (I saw a post here in SDN for someone got invited to Detroit!

UMDNJ in December. Received email in November.

Received email from NYU on 12/3 for an interview. Scheduled for 12/13.

Columbia, NYU, UCSF, Maryland.

Turned down NYU, probably turning down Maryland.

Definitely attending Columbia. Likely attending UCSF.

Funds running short and though it feels wrong to turn down interviews I already have acceptances.

Columbia, NYU, UCSF, Maryland.

Turned down NYU, probably turning down Maryland.

Definitely attending Columbia. Likely attending UCSF.

Funds running short and though it feels wrong to turn down interviews I already have acceptances.

When did you receive your interview invitation for Columbia if you dont mind me asking? congrats on your interviews btw.

Members don't see this ad :)
Koreano, it was before december 3, but the interview is for january. I just checked, and whoa, the invitation came in October.

Tufts for sometime in jan but turning that down pretty soon.
Maryland for Jan 9th - very much attending that one.

11/5 Invited to the University of Washington to interview on Dec 17th.

11/20 invited to UCSF to interview January 14th, 2013.

Stats below :xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Buffalo interview sometime in the next month, got the email from them today!

indiana received today for mid-feb

Just out of curiousity- for those of you who received interviews at Tufts what batch were all of you in? I was in the first batch and still haven't heard anything, so I'm wondering if they do it in order by date submitted

Just out of curiousity- for those of you who received interviews at Tufts what batch were all of you in? I was in the first batch and still haven't heard anything, so I'm wondering if they do it in order by date submitted

I was also first batch and just received the invite on 12/4. However, there was an error made in my secondary fee check and it wasn't cashed until October. I am not sure how this may have affected the timing of my itnerview invite.

Buffalo on January

I may cancel it though. I recieved the email invite 2 weeks ago.

Where would you like you go?

I'm so confused. After finals, I have 10 days before the holidays to make up my mind. Either Stony Brook, UConn, or NYU, I think.

My buffalo interview is for Jan 10th. I forgot to write that in my earlier post by the way.

Last edited:
Buffalo interview sometime in the next month, got the email from them today!
Got an email from Buffalo on December 4th. Interview is scheduled for January 18th. When's yours? Any idea if we're just interviewing for the wait list?

Turning down Dec/Jan interviews from NYU, Maryland, UCSF.

Going to Tufts, baby!:love:

Got a Louisville interview offer today, 12/10. I will be declining it unless I find out you can gain residency after year 1 there for tuition purposes (need to do some searching on SDN).

Got a Louisville interview offer today, 12/10. I will be declining it unless I find out you can gain residency after year 1 there for tuition purposes (need to do some searching on SDN).
During my interview, they said strictly if you are OOS then you have to pay OOS tuition for the four years attending dental school in UofL.

I'm starting to worry. I've heard back from two schools (rejection from UConn and interview from NYU) on the third, and nothing since. While NYU is definitely my top choice, I was hoping to at least hear back from other schools in case I don't get into NYU.

Think there's still a chance?

I'm in the same boat as you sorta. Rejection from UConn but interview at UNLV and heard nothing else from any school. Better than a rejection I guess. Of course there's still hope!

I had an interview at Buffalo on Dcember 7th. Dr Brown said we'd hear probably in less than 1 week. Haven't heard anything yet though! Fingers crossed.

Penn interview in Jan, hope the decision turnaround is quick. In the meantime, placing a deposit with Temple. Its funny how I was invited to interview at all the PA schools, but not even a peep from UMDNJ, my state school....it is what it is

Penn interview in Jan, hope the decision turnaround is quick. In the meantime, placing a deposit with Temple. Its funny how I was invited to interview at all the PA schools, but not even a peep from UMDNJ, my state school....it is what it is

We are in the same boat, still nothing from my state school that is supposed to be relatively non-competitive in-state. I feel fortunate for the schools that do have interest though, as I am sure you do as well.

We are in the same boat, still nothing from my state school that is supposed to be relatively non-competitive in-state. I feel fortunate for the schools that do have interest though, as I am sure you do as well.

Extremely happy with the choices Ive been given. Really makes you wonder what type of candidates jersey is truly seeking out. Of your current choices, where are you placing deposits?

Extremely happy with the choices Ive been given. Really makes you wonder what type of candidates jersey is truly seeking out. Of your current choices, where are you placing deposits?

I'm going to Marquette....already cancelled all other interviews and will be declining other schools as soon as my deposit cashes. I suppose you will wait until after Penn to decide where to go?

I'm going to Marquette....already cancelled all other interviews and will be declining other schools as soon as my deposit cashes. I suppose you will wait until after Penn to decide where to go?

I think alot of the people that interviewed in the first week of December are waiting to hear something from Penn before they start sending deposits due for early January.

Right now temple is my #1, so i'll be securing my seat with them for the time being. Pitt is too far. We'll see what happens with Penn. Congrats on marquette, great school! I received an interview from them, but I want to stay close to home. Best of luck, you deserve it, its been a long and grueling process