Got Secondaries? part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got Harvard's secondary in the mail, looks like everyone said, no essays for me.

Members don't see this ad.

did any cali people get the harvard secondary yet? I'm just wondering coz I'm moving out tomorrow of my apartment, so hopefully, I get it tomorrow b/c I'm afraid of the post office not forwarding my mail immediately. eeks!

Members don't see this ad :)
waterlily said:
did any cali people get the harvard secondary yet? I'm just wondering coz I'm moving out tomorrow of my apartment, so hopefully, I get it tomorrow b/c I'm afraid of the post office not forwarding my mail immediately. eeks!

If you are moving, you are able to change your contact info on AMCAS. I would do that, and then notify schools immediately, as well, of the new contact info changes.

is the harvard secondary online? if so, can someone send out the URL? i won't be able to get my hands on the hard copy for another couple of weeks.

and while we're here, is the UCSF also online?

thanks mucho.

There's no link for UCSF, you have to dl it after loggin in.
And I got their notification email on 7/18 and was just invited to fill out their secondary yesterday (8/30) so like someone else also said don't give up hope they are still coming out.

JUSt got HMS, I am in the city babylon, aka manhattan. Just submitted the damm thing tooo. :cool:

Ahhh still no OHSU, time to start crying. In the mean time, i shall cry about writing autobiographies.

Got a packet from Brown. Invitation to submit secondary -- odd since I already submitted the secondary.

Called the admissions office and they said they will send out a notification email when your packet is complete which they normally do the same day as, or within a few days of, sending the packet.

Babs0309 said:
Got a packet from Brown. Invitation to submit secondary -- odd since I already submitted the secondary.

Called the admissions office and they said they will send out a notification email when your packet is complete which they normally do the same day as, or within a few days of, sending the packet.

I called Brown yesterday and they told me that they had sent this Secondary Packet last week, and wouldn't get around to Completion emails until 2 weeks from now... told me to call back in mid-September, if I hadn't heard from them.

I swear, this whole process is a big WAITING GAME.

What kinds of question Oregon Health Sciences school ask you? Can someone give us out-of-state students a head up? thanks

does anybody who sent in the michigan state secondary know if it's a strict two weeks or more like case's "suggestion"

Members don't see this ad :)
got loyola today. sent the 26th for those of you still in suspense about stritch's secondary application.

OHSU's secondary came today. I'm in Oregon too. woohoo. Sent yesterday received today.

any out of staters receive university of washington's secondary yet? how long does the screening take, i was verfied 08.05

jtank said:
any out of staters receive university of washington's secondary yet? how long does the screening take, i was verfied 08.05

Not that I've heard. My friend got one as a California resident when he was applying two years ago and he said it was the last one that he received. I think he told me he didn't get it until October or November. BTW, he ultimately was accepted.

Doko said:
I called Brown yesterday and they told me that they had sent this Secondary Packet last week, and wouldn't get around to Completion emails until 2 weeks from now... told me to call back in mid-September, if I hadn't heard from them.

I swear, this whole process is a big WAITING GAME.
Got a confirmation that my app was complete from BU yesterday (9/1)

Has anyone not gotten Harvard yet? I'm still waiting...

Have you tried logging onto their secondary website anyway? I tried because I still hadn't gotten mine, but figuring since they don't screen my info would already be there, and it was. Give it a shot!

boathouse34 said:
Have you tried logging onto their secondary website anyway? I tried because I still hadn't gotten mine, but figuring since they don't screen my info would already be there, and it was. Give it a shot!

what's the status or the secondary website for harvard?

jtank said:

i was verified 8.6 live in california and have gotten nothing. I'm also MSTP and didnt know I had to fill out some other pre-secondary app

Punisher said:
to what address do we send the LORs? am i blind?

can someone post the address we are supposed to send LORs to? I have not received the secondary info yet. Thanks for helping me speed things along!

SeventhSon said:
i was verified 8.6 live in california and have gotten nothing. I'm also MSTP and didnt know I had to fill out some other pre-secondary app
Yes, you do. Go to mstp.washington.edu and fill out the app, and THEN they'll screen you for the actual secondary. It's pretty detailed though, so it's practically like a secondary itself.

Punisher said:
to what address do we send the LORs? am i blind?

i didn't see it on the website either, so I called harvard using the contact info web page. There's an address on that web page where you can send the info. It should be obvious - Office of admissions, Harvard School of Medicine, etc.

FWIW, Emory deposited the check I wrote on 8/15 yesterday, 9/2. So that at least means they've looked at my application.

Has anyone heard back from Penn state yet? My amcas got verified Aug. 18, but I still haven't heard from them. How long did it take them to send their secondaries?

tennisnr said:
There's no link for UCSF, you have to dl it after loggin in.
And I got their notification email on 7/18 and was just invited to fill out their secondary yesterday (8/30) so like someone else also said don't give up hope they are still coming out.

I also got UCSF on 8/31. Out of state applicant. AMCAS was received on 8/15. 16 day turn-around. Guess I got lucky.

jannahz said:
Has anyone heard back from Penn state yet? My amcas got verified Aug. 18, but I still haven't heard from them. How long did it take them to send their secondaries?
I'm curious on this too. I just got verified 9/1 but I'd still like to find out PSU's turnaround time.

I see that some of you have gotten secondaries from these screening schools, however, has anybody gotten rejections (Pitt, UCSF, Vandy)? I was verified in late July (7/28), and still haven't heard anything from any of those schools. I know that some say no news is good news, but I just can't see that being the case when people that were verified later then I was have already received their secondaries. Any input is appreciated.

koalabear said:
I thought maybe we could make a list of when our apps were verified, what secondaries we've gotten and when we were offered interviews. I think someone else might have tried to start this thread, but I can't find it so sorry if it's a repeat. I'll start....

AMCAS Submitted: June 24
AMCAS Verified: June 28
Secondaries Received: None :(
Interviews Granted: None :eek:

AMCAS Submitted: June 30
AMCAS Verified: July 7
Secondaries Recieved (in order):
Medical College of Wisconsin, Mayo, Iowa, U Chicago-Pritzker, St Louis U, Case Western, NYU, Loyola, Emory, Creighton... still haven't heard from UMN-TC, UCLA, and Dartmouth
Rejections: none
Interviews: none

b16 said:
I see that some of you have gotten secondaries from these screening schools, however, has anybody gotten rejections (Pitt, UCSF, Vandy)? I was verified in late July (7/28), and still haven't heard anything from any of those schools. I know that some say no news is good news, but I just can't see that being the case when people that were verified later then I was have already received their secondaries. Any input is appreciated.

Vanderbilt has sent out rejection letters. There are some threads pertinent to this question.

For those still waiting on OHSU, I just received my secondary invite in the mail today and I'm out of state. Hopefully that means that any one else who is also out of state and waiting to receive one should receive the secondary soon. :luck:

I got a University of Wisconsin secondary invite! Things are calming down to the last few apps. Still working on that beast of a UCSD, i've had it for 26 days already. 4 more and i'm gonna be thrown out as an applicant.

Medical Univ/College/Whatever of Ohio came in today. 6 in, 10 to go. For the record, I have Penn State, Drexel, WVU, Wake, Maryland, Jefferson, EVMS, Tufts, and BU left.

titoincali said:
Got UCLA/Drew today but still no word from UCLA/Geffen.
Which one is the main one?

Cozmosis said:
I'm curious on this too. I just got verified 9/1 but I'd still like to find out PSU's turnaround time.

I submitted my AMCAS on Aug 24th.. it's not verified yet to my knowledge.. waiting on transcripts, but I got an email from Penn State with the Secondary Application on it today.

jsut got UCSF secondary! out-of-stater, amcas recieved 7/18, invited 9/6

Congrats, getting UCSF secondary is like entering a great dream.

Anybody else get the Brown follow-up letter in the mail providing login and pw to check on the status of the application?

Man, I saw that letter in the mailbox and I'm thinking "thin envelope... single sheet probably... gotta be a rejection" and then I open it up and was way relieved!

hahaha

I've just received OHSU secondary in the mail. Very excited. But when I logged on and clicked on the link to the secondary apps, it doesn't work. that's weird. Does anyone has the same problem?

aspiringdoctor said:
I've just received OHSU secondary in the mail. Very excited. But when I logged on and clicked on the link to the secondary apps, it does work. that's weird. Does anyone has the same problem?
well if it "Does" work, then that's a good thing.

If u'r using firefox, try using IE. I had similar experience with my BROWN status page

Status
Not open for further replies.