Got Secondaries? part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yea i got this. feels good to be reminded that they haven't fogotten us.

Members don't see this ad.

I mean it doesn't work, it is just a blank page. I'm using internet explore. I think I have to call them tomorrow. does anyone has the same problem with OHSU secondary?

ohsu's is a pdf. You have to have adobe acrobat reader and then you have to let it load.

Members don't see this ad :)
HI resident, URM, verified 8/1. I just got OHSU via snail mail today 9/6 (postmarked 9/2). I typed in the link they provided but the it says that the webpage no longer exists. Does anyone know the correct web address?

Nevermind, I figured it out for OHSU's secondary. Drop the "/index.shtml" and you're money.

I just got the BU complete email. It seems like a long time ago since I sent that in.

AxlxA said:
I just got the BU complete email. It seems like a long time ago since I sent that in.

When do you think all your materials were in? I sent everything in awhile ago, too, and haven't heard back from them yet. :confused:

hrm, i sent my BU stuff on july 31 and still haven't received a complete email even though I know they cashed my check :mad:

Guess I'll have to call them.

LOL I just got Minnesota's.

I thought I was screwed when I didn't send in those special recommendation forms!

I had an email from BU for 9/01 saying my supplemental was "finalized."
I sent my app in on 8/19 along with my letters.

Hope that helped.

AxlxA said:
I had an email from BU for 9/01 saying my supplemental was "finalized."
I sent my app in on 8/19 along with my letters.

Hope that helped.

Well, I did get the "finalized supplemental" email on 9/1 but I never got anything else... They specifically say in that letter: "We will confirm, by email, when your folder is complete"

Yea, that's the email i got on 9/01. I bet you'll recieve the completion letter today.

Members don't see this ad :)
*sniff* I got a Mayo phone interview invite *sniff*, and BU sent the completion letter, which made me relax a little bit...

congrats on that phone invite. good luck with that, since you'll be on phone, maybe u can loosen up by a beer or some delta 9 tetrahydrocannabinoid.

forevalwayzz said:
*sniff* I got a Mayo phone interview invite *sniff*, and BU sent the completion letter, which made me relax a little bit...
forevalwayzz, when did you recieve payment confirmation from mayo?

early August (8/10 or so I think), sorry but I deleted the confirmation email.

has anyone NOT received harvard's secondary yet? I just want to check b/c I moved right when people began receiving their secondary so I'm not sure if it still got mailed to my old place even though I updated my new address and such.

I didn't get a Harvard Secondary notice yet but I found the link in this thread.

b16 said:
I see that some of you have gotten secondaries from these screening schools, however, has anybody gotten rejections (Pitt, UCSF, Vandy)? I was verified in late July (7/28), and still haven't heard anything from any of those schools. I know that some say no news is good news, but I just can't see that being the case when people that were verified later then I was have already received their secondaries. Any input is appreciated.

I was completed in JUNE and got Pitt's last week. So when they said they were behind.....they were seriously behind....... And I thought I was rejected. So don't fret until you get the rejection letter

Drexel Secondary

Someone posted a pdf to the Drexel secondary in which you were able to type into it..Im not exactly sure how you format a pdf to do this, so can someone please post that link or tell me how? Thanks, I really really appreciate it:)

OMFG I'm about to pass out I just got the UCSF SECONDARY!!!!!!! OMG! I'm soooo freaking out, i was TOTALLY not expecting it! I just had a blood test done like half an hour ago so im still feeling woozy and lightheaded but right now im seriously gonna pass out, like i dont know what to do im so happy! I know it's only a secondary but oh my gosh! AHH! I'm SOO EXCITED! :D:D YAY! I need to buy a lotto ticket tonight, i just need to! WOW is all i can say right now!

Congrats, Funny thing is i filled out that secondary in pen rather than typing it. You dont need ot do much, just put in recommeder's name and verify ur address and your chose of programs. Either MD, JMP, or MSTP. Good luck to you all.

coco said:
OMFG I'm about to pass out I just got the UCSF SECONDARY!!!!!!! OMG! I'm soooo freaking out, i was TOTALLY not expecting it! I just had a blood test done like half an hour ago so im still feeling woozy and lightheaded but right now im seriously gonna pass out, like i dont know what to do im so happy! I know it's only a secondary but oh my gosh! AHH! I'm SOO EXCITED! :D:D YAY! I need to buy a lotto ticket tonight, i just need to! WOW is all i can say right now!

hehe. me too! :) I've been checking the status page almost every day and nothing! I was about to give up hope!

the best part is how they say "Congratulations. We want to know more about you." but they don't ask for anything else, just a check..

Well they do ask for letters and i believe letters are gonna make or break you in most schools, especially ucsf since there's no essays.

verified 8/1. got OHSU and Dartmouth on 9/6. finally got Harvard yesterday 9/8. All by snail mail... all the way across the Pacific Ocean to Hawaii, haha.

I dont understand why i dont have OHSU yet because I live in california so the mailing time should be up to 5 days. I am making a fuss about OHSU beacuse i actually would like to go there for pete sake!!!

I'm gonna break down and call soon.

YAYY!! I got my first interview at GWU!!! I'm so excited! What should I wear, say?!! aaahhh!

Wear a cowboy's hat cause the president would.

For Loma Linda's secondary, the last question is "If you are accepted to LLU School of Medicine, are you willing to abide by the lifestyle policies of the university while enrolled? (250 characters max)"

Is a simple 3-character "yes" a sufficient answer for this?

cHocoBo 118 said:

How would we know? It is probably a deal-breaker if you write "no" though.

how long did it take for you loyola folks to submit amcas, have them screen, and receive secondaries? do they tell u if they're not goign to send u one?

cHocoBo 118 said:
For Loma Linda's secondary, the last question is "If you are accepted to LLU School of Medicine, are you willing to abide by the lifestyle policies of the university while enrolled? (250 characters max)"

Doubtful. I have friends who go there and their idea of a GOOD TIME is to drink caffeine on a Friday night, since ANY type of caffeinated beverage is banned from the school!

As usual, I've been checking e-mail and status pages nonstop, and it looks like I'm complete at UWash (my freakin LORs finally arrived). I'm now scheduled to be reviewed by the MSTP committee. :eek: Dear God, I hope they interview me.

Applied to MU, OU, and KU
AMCAS processed 8/19
Secondary received: MU 9/07

jrdnbenjamin said:
Finally got UCSD. Apparently they decided more than a month ago that my o-chem series was acceptable, but then didn't notice that I had taken the lab. As soon as I pointed out where it was on the AMCAS they sent out the secondary the next day...

how did you know all this? Did you call them presecondary to ask them why you still havent received one? I'm asking cause I hope the reason why I still havent received one isnt something similar.

I got a University of Minnesota - twins city secondary invite here. I guess my secondary process isn't really over. Adding this to my 32 already submitted secondaries.

cHocoBo 118 said:
how did you know all this? Did you call them presecondary to ask them why you still havent received one? I'm asking cause I hope the reason why I still havent received one isnt something similar.
On 8/5/05:
jrdnbenjamin said:
Apparently UCSD verifies your coursework pre-secondary. I just heard from them saying that I need a third quarter of O-chem. This is irritating because:
- The standard O-chem series at my undergrad was two quarters and covered the same material as the three-quarter series everywhere else.
- I also took two quarters of P-chem and three of biochem.
- When I called, she said that I needed 8 semester units of O-chem, and labs would not count toward this requirement.
- I'm about to finish a PhD in structural biology.
So, I now need to tell the a specific O-chem class with number and dates that I will enroll in, or they won't further process my app. Sorry for the somewhat off-topic rant.

on 8/25/05:
jrdnbenjamin said:
I had the same problem. The standard o-chem series at my undergrad (UCSC) was two quarters of a 5-credit lecture and a 2-credit lab. UCSD told me they wanted 8 semester units of lecture, so I would have to take another quarter. They didn't care that the course covered the same material as a normal series.

I contacted the UCSC premed advisor, who contacted the UCSD admissions committee, and supposedly they agreed to consider my app anyway. However, that was on 8/5, and I've still heard nothing, but I've gotten secondaries from all the other UCs. It's OK...UCSD was not my first choice anyway.

And yes, I called the office to find out the status. I only did so because they initiated contact with me by email. I'm not sure if I would call a school to ask "where's my secondary?!"

Dannmmm UMN is actually a hard to fill out secondary.

Does anyone know the link to the PDF secondaries that SDNers formatted so that they can be filled in on the computer? Thanks!

I just got the Pitt secondary. My AMCAS was verified on 6/22, and my letters have been in for ages. I'm just glad to finally have my last remaining secondary!

Does anybody know if the word limits on the Pitt secondary are strictly enforced? My first essay is currently 171 words rather than 150. I can cut it down, but if I'd rather not if I don't have to.

Any August MCATers (as well as out-of-staters) receive a secondary from USC: Keck yet?

Are they waiting until after scores are released?

nefarious said:
Any August MCATers (as well as out-of-staters) receive a secondary from USC: Keck yet?

Are they waiting until after scores are released?

Yes, USC doesn't screen, you should call them.

I finally received MSU!! All done now!

UMDNJ-NJMS-Submitted LORs on the way
UMDNJ-RWJ-Submitted LORs on the way
NYMC-Submitted LORs on the way
Dartmouth-Submitted LORs on the way
Univ. Vermont-Submitted LORs on the way
George Washington-Submitted LORs on the way

Albert Einstein-In progress
Cornell-In progress
Mt. Sinai-In progress

Took August MCAT

Just received UPitt. Want to work on it now, but I have to flee the city to avoid getting hit by a hurricane. :-(

Oh my gosh! I got U of Washington Secondary as an out of stater! I thought it was a long-shot so I can't even believe it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.