Got the job??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxglasshalffull

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Yesterday morning (Friday) I went for an interview for one of my dream positions. The interview could not have gone better. She kept telling me that I am be great fit for this position. She told me about the pay, vacation, where I would be trained, etc. I was one of three being interviewed and the supervisor said she will make a decision this weekend. And I speak the two languages that a lot of people speak in this area, in addition to English, of course. Several hours after the interview she sent me an email asking me to fill out an online application, and I haven't heard from her since.

It is now Saturday afternoon and I am going cray cray waiting for an offer or rejection. I have never wanted a job so badly because 1) I REALLY want to leave my current job, really really bad, no more chain retail, 2) this new position is really ideal for me in terms of setting, location and company.

I know no one knows for sure, but from experience, a supervisor wouldn't want a candidate to fill out an online application AFTER the interview if he/she wants to reject the candidate right? Was it a very good sign that she did want me to fill out an application?

This is becoming very difficult to sit by my computer and wait.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It can be days, weeks, months until someone gets back to you. I usually end off interviews asking for a time frame when I should here back from them whether it's an offer or rejection. That way you get a time frame, so you don't go crazy.

In your specific scenario, I'd definitely wait. The interview was Friday and it is the weekend now, so if this person has any kind of a social life I wouldn't expect a call on a Saturday

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Actually, filling out the official job application is something that all applicants are usually asked to do. I would not take that as any sign that you will be offered the job. Your interview went well, so that is a definite positive. As for getting the actual job offer.....I would wait at least 7 - 14 days (and as WhYMee mentioned, no one is going to call you on the weekend.) Realistically, I would say Wednesday would be the absolute earliest you would hear back, and more likely it will be a week from Monday. The interview may have other scheduled interviews this week, and won't make a decision until after all the interviews are done. Then, once the interviewer has made a decision, s/he will most likely have to have that decision ok'd by human resources and possibly by the interviewer's supervisor (this is usually just a formality, unless something bad comes back in the back ground check, but it will take time, because human resources will want to do a back ground check/contact your references if the interviewee hasn't already done so/etc.)

You have my sympathy. I am very impatient, and its no fun having to wait. But tell yourself you won't hear back for 2 weeks, go on and live your life, and if you hear back earlier than that, consider it a bonus! (and it could be longer, some people have posted on this board about getting a job offer nearly a month after they had applied, when they had given up hope of getting the job.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, filling out the official job application is something that all applicants are usually asked to do. I would not take that as any sign that you will be offered the job. Your interview went well, so that is a definite positive. As for getting the actual job offer.....I would wait at least 7 - 14 days (and as WhYMee mentioned, no one is going to call you on the weekend.) Realistically, I would say Wednesday would be the absolute earliest you would hear back, and more likely it will be a week from Monday. The interview may have other scheduled interviews this week, and won't make a decision until after all the interviews are done. Then, once the interviewer has made a decision, s/he will most likely have to have that decision ok'd by human resources and possibly by the interviewer's supervisor (this is usually just a formality, unless something bad comes back in the back ground check, but it will take time, because human resources will want to do a back ground check/contact your references if the interviewee hasn't already done so/etc.)

You have my sympathy. I am very impatient, and its no fun having to wait. But tell yourself you won't hear back for 2 weeks, go on and live your life, and if you hear back earlier than that, consider it a bonus! (and it could be longer, some people have posted on this board about getting a job offer nearly a month after they had applied, when they had given up hope of getting the job.)

thanks for your sympathy. im finally calm and started to accept that i may have to wait a bit....and am moving on with my life

I can only imagine what your dating life looks like by your initial reaction and response

Reactions: 2 users
Waiting after an interview is the worst! I agree that filling out an application is likely a procedural thing. The interview definitely sounds like it went well but I would not expect to receive a response over the weekend. You have to remember filling this position may not the number one priority on this supervisor's list of things to do this week and she likely has to inform HR of her top candidate prior to making an offer. I honestly wouldn't worry if you didn't hear anything for at least 1 - 2 weeks. Did you sent a follow up note thanking her for the interview and expressing your genuine interest? If more than 2 weeks go by you can always send another e-mail reiterating your interest and asking when she expects to make a decision.

In the mean time, try and keep busy. Best of luck to you!

Who says the youngins need instant gratification?

Dude, you just had your interview on Friday, and you are panicking because you haven't heard back by Saturday? Maybe the hiring agent, you know, takes her weekends off?

Send a note thanking her for the interview, and then sit tight. If you don't hear back after two weeks, follow up with her. Until then, RELAX!!

What kind of job is it?

Hi guys,

Yesterday morning (Friday) I went for an interview for one of my dream positions. The interview could not have gone better. She kept telling me that I am be great fit for this position. She told me about the pay, vacation, where I would be trained, etc. I was one of three being interviewed and the supervisor said she will decision this weekend. And I speak the two languages that a lot of people speak in this area, in addition to English, of course. Several hours after the interview she sent me an email asking me to fill out an online application, and I haven't heard from her since.

It is now Saturday afternoon and I am going cray cray waiting for an offer or rejection. I have never wanted a job so badly because 1) I REALLY want to leave my current job, really really bad, no more chain retail, 2) this new position is really ideal for me in terms of setting, location and company.

I know no one knows for sure, but from experience, a supervisor wouldn't want a candidate to fill out an online application AFTER the interview if he/she wants to reject the candidate right? Was it a very good sign that she did want me to fill out an application?

This is becoming very difficult to sit by my computer and wait. I am going to a baseball game to get drunk now.

Who says the youngins need instant gratification?

Dude, you just had your interview on Friday, and you are panicking because you haven't heard back by Saturday? Maybe the hiring agent, you know, takes her weekends off?

Send a note thanking her for the interview, and then sit tight. If you don't hear back after two weeks, follow up with her. Until then, RELAX!!
thanks for your advice, im only a bit worried because the supervisor said she would let us know/decide this weekend.....ahhh but im more relaxed now

Waiting after an interview is the worst! I agree that filling out an application is likely a procedural thing. The interview definitely sounds like it went well but I would not expect to receive a response over the weekend. You have to remember filling this position may not the number one priority on this supervisor's list of things to do this week and she likely has to inform HR of her top candidate prior to making an offer. I honestly wouldn't worry if you didn't hear anything for at least 1 - 2 weeks. Did you sent a follow up note thanking her for the interview and expressing your genuine interest? If more than 2 weeks go by you can always send another e-mail reiterating your interest and asking when she expects to make a decision.

In the mean time, try and keep busy. Best of luck to you!
thanks lovenox, i did send a thank you letter, and im trying my best to keep busy.

I've never heard of being offered a job on a weekend unless maybe at an independent. I am assuming all candidates have to fill out an application.

OP need to relax and not bother them the day after the interview

so the supervisor called me around 11am (PST), asking me a few things on my application, she said "ill call you back", then i asked when i should be expecting, she said a few days. it is now 11:56am....she still hasnt called back...ahhhhhhhhhhhh

so the supervisor called me around 11am (PST), asking me a few things on my application, she said "ill call you back", then i asked when i should be expecting, she said a few days. it is now 11:56am....she still hasnt called back...ahhhhhhhhhhhh

I hope you don't expect that every physician is going to call you back within 56 minutes.
Every poster here has told you to relax...I suggest you heed the advice.

Oh my word! You need to relax. They at least called you back to ask clarifying questions. I really am curious at what kind of job is this because if you are this high strung when it comes to a job interview, I'd hate to see you interact with nurses and doctors.

OP Good luck! Try to calm down as best you can. At least they're looking over and asking about your information!

On another note...would it be rude to email about an interview prior to that interview? i.e. asking questions about where to park on site or anything else needed to bring to the interview? Just wondering because I pre-introduced myself to the Pharmacist Manager and didn't know if that made me look bad, desperate etc asking about those very things....

yeah, working in one of the three chains can really make you psycho. i was so impatient for the results of the job interview because words really cant describe just how much i want to be out of the chains. come on, you guys who work for chains know what im talking about.

dude - relax - once I got an interview 6 weeks after I applied for a job - at my hospital we interview people over a period of a couple of weeks and then send offers, so it may be a month. You seriously would scare me away as an employer if I found out you were one of our candidates