GOT UCSF SECONDARY (Out of Stater)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Just got it today! (I believe they prescreen)

Any idea how many secondaries they submit to out of staters, and how many actually get interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

MesoCompound said:
Just got it today! (I believe they prescreen)

Any idea how many secondaries they submit to out of staters, and how many actually get interviews?
When did you submit your AMCAS/get verified? I got verified June 21st and still haven't heard anything... :confused:

Darn you! Where is mine! I submitted AMCAS mid-June, for crying out loud.

Some other people were talking about # of secondaries, interviews, etc., but I don't know what the numbers were or whether it was in/out of state. USNews doesn't have data on the # of out-of-staters that got secondaries or interviews, but it does say that, of 2,514 out-of-state applicants, 60 were accepted and 27 matriculated.

..................Applied......Interviewed......Accepted......Enrolled
Total:...........5,222..........532.................248.............141
In-state:.......2,708..........N/A.................188.............114
Out-of-state:.2,514..........N/A..................60..............27

Members don't see this ad :)
dajimmers said:
Darn you! Where is mine! I submitted AMCAS mid-June, for crying out loud.
I'm in the same boat here...but congrats anyway, Meso!

Congrats. I'm jealous. Then again, I've only been verified since 8/1 and UCSF noted that they received it on 8/15.

Yeah, I believe those stats listed in the MSAR/USNEWS are only reflecting the number of people designating UCSF on their AMCAS. Having a statistic on the number of secondaries issued would be great. Bump!

Congrats Meso! I'd like to echo an earlier question - when was your AMCAS verified? Thanks!

SanDiegoSOD said:
Congrats Meso! I'd like to echo an earlier question - when was your AMCAS verified? Thanks!

Hey guys-

sorry the the delayed response (SDN time delayed response means I havent checked SDN in like 4 hours :laugh: )

Submitted AMCAS on June 15th, verified on June 20th.

Just got secondary today (9/9).

I'm a Texas resident. My GPA rocks; my MCAT is ok (let that be a lesson: is this secondary screen just a numbers game, or did they actually take time to look at all I've done?). Anyway, for those with good GPAs and ok MCATs, don't lose hope! :)

PS: the secondary is cake, but the secondary is pretty ghetto.

PM me if you have any questions, and best of luck!

jsut to add to the info already here:

out of state (michigan)
amcas verified 7/6
amcas received 7/18
received secondary 9/6.

Admission statistics for 2004

* 5222 AMCAS applications received
* 1533 secondary applications sent
* 532 applicants interviewed
* 141 students enrolled

UCSF, so so weird. My AMCAS was verified on 7/8, but they didn't receive my AMCAS stuff until 8/15. Yes, I'm out of state, but that seems like an inordinately large delay.

drinklord said:
UCSF, so so weird. My AMCAS was verified on 7/8, but they didn't receive my AMCAS stuff until 8/15. Yes, I'm out of state, but that seems like an inordinately large delay.

I remember hearing that UCSF had some problems receiving AMCAS data, so they didn't get most people's primary until 8/15. That's why almost everyone is complete on that date.

FYI -

Out of State (NC)
AMCAS Verified - 7/29
UCSF Recognized AMCAS - 8/15
UCSF Secondary - 9/1

Don't mean to make anyone sweat. I think I just got a good turn-around.