Got written up for Wecare, patient care, and going over demand

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ancienbon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today i had a meeting with my district leader to receive a level 1 write up for not meeting target for kpm, we care, and customer service. The pharmacist manager was written up last week. I was even written up for going over demand for the month of May. Though i never make the schedule...
Our store was doing well last year. But this year we lost 2 lead techs, and one tech with experience went to part time. We mostly have new hired now. . And now with the tremendous cut in tech hours, it is so hard to improve the metrics.
Has anyone ever fired for not meeting the metrics? I am trying to polish my resume. If i get written up a second time, i will see it as the writing on the wall.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Weren't you just temporary PIC/filling in for someone?
New DMs are really being nazis about tech hours (more so as of lately than typically)...mass exodus? Anyways it shows with more simple dispensing errors popping up

PIC axed for not meeting metrics blatantly let metrics go orange...would be on his cell phone working with like 10+ pages orange regularly

Is there a process by which write-ups can be overturned?

Members don't see this ad :)
you can be written up for a schedule you didnt make?

What happens when you get written up?

I thought they were going to get rid of wecare this year or was that not true?

Last edited:
New DMs are really being nazis about tech hours (more so as of lately than typically)...mass exodus? Anyways it shows with more simple dispensing errors popping up

PIC axed for not meeting metrics blatantly let metrics go orange...would be on his cell phone working with like 10+ pages orange regularly
No. That was not me

What happens when you get written up?

I thought they were going to get rid of wecare this year or was that not true?
Yes wecare is no longer part of the my store health

This is the time of the year when DMs try to get rid of pharmacists and try to replace them with new grads. My advice to you is take vacation/call out sick on the busy days and make sure your numbers look good on the slow days. Try to make it till end of sept and early oct. By that time most of the new grads will probably have quit and your job will be safe because your DM will be too busy trying to replace them.

Reactions: 2 users

I think he was the one worried about being demoted to floater

Yes wecare is no longer part of the my store health

I heard metrics never really go away. They may prioritize differently but I was told that they're still watching you haha. I won't be surprised if CVS trolled just to see how people react and fire them based on their reaction lol

Today i had a meeting with my district leader to receive a level 1 write up for not meeting target for kpm, we care, and customer service. The pharmacist manager was written up last week. I was even written up for going over demand for the month of May. Though i never make the schedule...
Our store was doing well last year. But this year we lost 2 lead techs, and one tech with experience went to part time. We mostly have new hired now. . And now with the tremendous cut in tech hours, it is so hard to improve the metrics.
Has anyone ever fired for not meeting the metrics? I am trying to polish my resume. If i get written up a second time, i will see it as the writing on the wall.

Sounds to me the writings on the wall is already there haha. If what you're saying is true, there is no way the pharmacy will have the same numbers as before.... i would start looking for a new job asap.

Slightly off topic, but can someone explain these "metrics" to me? What are all these things about going "orange"? I'm applying to a CVS this fall and I'm kind of curious about what all this is.

Members don't see this ad :)
Slightly off topic, but can someone explain these "metrics" to me? What are all these things about going "orange"? I'm applying to a CVS this fall and I'm kind of curious about what all this is.

It means you're late on "promised time", which also means they will not like you... and when I say they, I mean the cooperate. haha There are like 1000 metrics that they look at... they all basically come down to making you work non-stop and fill as much as you can, as fast as you can until something happens in which case it will ALL be YOUR fault. You gotta do all this while you answer calls, check people out at the register, get yelled at the drive through and deal with insurance at drop off.... this will all be done with just ONE tech and a pharmacist... so you will eventually have at some point plethora of REDs on your entire screen b/c you cant get to all your queues on time and when the DM pays you a visit, you gon get b!tched at... which is what happened to OP lol oh and don't forget about the FLU SEASON!!!! muhahahahahaha DMs and other "leaders" will give you a motivational speech each week to get them shot numbers met. Tell you some BS stories about how we are protecting the community haha... no... just stop...

Now if you're a good pharmacist, you will feel tremendous amount of guilt because you sworn to protect public health. You go to bed knowing that you just may have put someone's health at risk to make someone else lots of money... and you will begin to hate yourself and your job... question why you worked so hard to go to school and be in so much debt... that's when you realize how fcked up this company is and find yourself another job lol

Bottom line, DO NOT work there lol

Reactions: 8 users
It means you're late on "promised time", which also means they will not like you... and when I say they, I mean the cooperate. haha There are like 1000 metrics that they look at... they all basically come down to making you work non-stop and fill as much as you can, as fast as you can until something happens in which case it will ALL be YOUR fault. You gotta do all this while you answer calls, check people out at the register, get yelled at the drive through and deal with insurance at drop off.... this will all be done with just ONE tech and a pharmacist... so you will eventually have at some point plethora of REDs on your entire screen b/c you cant get to all your queues on time and when the DM pays you a visit, you gon get b!tched at... which is what happened to OP lol oh and don't forget about the FLU SEASON!!!! muhahahahahaha DMs and other "leaders" will give you a motivational speech each week to get them shot numbers met. Tell you some BS stories about how we are protecting the community haha... no... just stop...

Now if you're a good pharmacist, you will feel tremendous amount of guilt because you sworn to protect public health. You go to bed knowing that you just may have put someone's health at risk to make someone else lots of money... and you will begin to hate yourself and your job... question why you worked so hard to go to school and be in so much debt... that's when you realize how fcked up this company is and find yourself another job lol

Is this the case at most CVS stores? I am applying to one inside a target in a small/medium city and an actual store in a small city/town.

Is this the case at most CVS stores? I am applying to one inside a target in a small/medium city and an actual store in a small city/town.

Yes, and maybe not... but probably yes lol

I used to work at target/cvs. Other than not having a drive through, everything else is pretty much the same. Target pharmacy has gone down south faster than the current White House... lol All the metrics and policies apply the same. Target/cvs may actually be even worse since their script numbers will be much lower than stand-alone cvs which means you're gonna get much less tech hours. There were days when I was working all by myself without a tech filling close to 150 scripts, give 10 flu shots, take in orders... haha

Again, don't work for them! Run away now! lol

so true. You said it well and too well. How long did you work for CVS?

so true. You said it well and too well. How long did you work for CVS?

4 wonderful years, including being an intern during school which basically meant a glorified technician. haha not my words, my former PIC's. Did not learn jack since pharmacists were too busy to teach anything... ended up getting blamed for the store number going down lol they blamed an INTERN for their metrics sucking.... seriously cvs, wtf.... lol have some dignity.

Reactions: 1 users
4 wonderful years, including being an intern during school which basically meant a glorified technician. haha not my words, my former PIC's. Did not learn jack since pharmacists were too busy to teach anything... ended up getting blamed for the store number going down lol they blamed an INTERN for their metrics sucking.... seriously cvs, wtf.... lol have some dignity.

Too bad they don’t realize your extra set of underpaid hands saved them a truckload of work!

Too bad they don’t realize your extra set of underpaid hands saved them a truckload of work!

well i got paid as an intern actually haha but still wasn't worth the abuse, verbally and physically. when i actually tried to learn the cvs system and pharmacists stuff, that's when they changed the intern policy so that interns can actually learn, my preceptor basically told me to go piss on the new cvs intern guideline and go back to work lol i reported her to HR and HR ended up calling her to question her, she gave some lame excuse on miscommunication b/w me and her. DM and regional manager came out to talk to us about the incident. That's when they started blaming me for the low numbers... i'm like... b!tch please... so i took out my phone and told them that i am going to record our conversation. as soon as I did that, their tone immediately changed lol

DO NOT WORK FOR CVS! =)

You called HR to report your preceptor?!

I hope you one day precept students yourself and see if you think you handled that situation correctly in hindsight.

Reactions: 6 users
You called HR to report your preceptor?!

I hope you one day precept students yourself and see if you think you handled that situation correctly in hindsight.

Yes, she lied to the DM and other pharmacists about how i was lazy and not doing my job. She basically wanted to use me as another tech. She was the lazy one who failed to train and teach me things. I had to learn everything on my own. Call other cvs pharmacists and my own friends to figure things out.

As a preceptor, I do not lie about my students' actions nor do I tell them to go piss on a company guideline. Even with my techs, I try my best to teach them and coach them. I would never be aggressive or abusive about any issue that i am responsible for yet fail to comply due to my laziness or incompetence.

Yes, you sound like an absolute delight and I am sure your students and techs love you.

yes, keyboard warrior. thanks. i'm sure your techs hate you for your lame sarcasm.

omg this post made my night..so true!

My advice in addition is to ask around. It can't be only your store not meeting metrics. Are you bottom 10 in district? Document everything and don't be afraid to stand up for yourself. If you got written up for not meeting metrics, and no other store in the district/region/ company got written up for not meeting metrics, tell them you feel discriminated and complain to HR.

You most likely won't make any friends but not that it matters because you got written up already. Then survive until you get a new leader which is every 1-2 years but lately, six months average.

Reactions: 4 users
I agree with the above. You are already being targeted so might as well make your DM's life more difficult like a crappy tech that always cries to HR when you try to discipline them

If you disagree with the write up put your comments on the form so your argument is part of the record. If you sign without doing so it can be made to look like you agreed to the comments. If its anything serious such as theft, violence, or narc issues don't sign.

You are working for the wrong company, dude. Don't complain on SDN. Do something (like leave). Find another job and be happy.

If you disagree with the write up put your comments on the form so your argument is part of the record. If you sign without doing so it can be made to look like you agreed to the comments. If its anything serious such as theft, violence, or narc issues don't sign.
That is why i should have done.. did not think about that. After all i said it is a level 1 write up. If i ever ger written up again, i will document for sure.

That is why i should have done.. did not think about that. After all i said it is a level 1 write up. If i ever ger written up again, i will document for sure.

The write up serves as documentation to start your termination process and that you were not discriminated or fired without cause, even though your employment is at will.

The comment section for you in the write up is a scheme by HR and lawyers as proof for them that you got the write up, and to make it easier for you to sign it.

Whenever you are putting notes in your write up or writing anything "explaining" your side, is acknowledging that you physically got the write up.

If your leader is new, put up a fight... don't make it easy for him. If you complain to HR, he will think twice about writing you up again, especially if he didn't write up every store who fail to meet same metric. They have other things to worry about. On the other hand, if it is so easy to write you up, he will probably do it continuously until you lose your job.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
The write up serves as documentation to start your termination process and that you were not discriminated or fired without cause, even though your employment is at will.

The comment section for you in the write up is a scheme by HR and lawyers as proof for them that you got the write up, and to make it easier for you to sign it.

Whenever you are putting notes in your write up or writing anything "explaining" your side, is acknowledging that you physically got the write up.

If your leader is new, put up a fight... don't make it easy for him. If you complain to HR, he will think twice about writing you up again, especially if he didn't write up every store who fail to meet same metric. They have other things to worry about. On the other hand, if it is so easy to write you up, he will probably do it continuously until you lose your job.
I wont call for the first write up. I will call for the second for sure. I am printing my promised time report every week. And i do a great job on qt ,backing up the techs to improve the score. With the mininal tech hours i have i am doing the best i can.i will see how it goes . The south florida market is bad...

Just start looking for another job. Who cares if you get written up again? You're already on the outs. Try to flood your DM with unnecessary paperwork

As hou say it’s at will. I heard if u don’t sign it it is considered insubordination. What would hr do? They are there for the company

I was the one just filling in and I did get a write up for the same thing but so did the floater assigned to my store who wasn't even scheduled there half the time. It's not a big deal as long as your scores improve, which mine did but it was because I came in early and did more work.

I was really pissed that my DM refused to discipline the floaters and put it all on me to give the write up and have talks when they weren't performing.

CVS/WAGS is a losing proposition for a job let alone a career even if you don't get written up. NABP denounced key performance metrics years ago, I wonder if someone who would get fired for not meeting metrics would have legal recourse. I would start looking things are only going to get worse. Decent jobs are far and few between be very aggressive in your job search.

I was the one just filling in and I did get a write up for the same thing but so did the floater assigned to my store who wasn't even scheduled there half the time. It's not a big deal as long as your scores improve, which mine did but it was because I came in early and did more work.

I was really pissed that my DM refused to discipline the floaters and put it all on me to give the write up and have talks when they weren't performing.

With these new DMs, this is not sustainable. They are taking advantage of RPh (salaried) who work off the clock to improve metrics - what do you get in return? Another cut for tech hours; yet they will still want the same metric/standards & hold you accountable.

With these new DMs, this is not sustainable. They are taking advantage of RPh (salaried) who work off the clock to improve metrics - what do you get in return? Another cut for tech hours; yet they will still want the same metric/standards & hold you accountable.

The OG rphs have told me that big retails were always big on numbers but with at least they had much better incentives back then. Signing bonuses and brand new cars insome cases. No shortage of tech hours and TWO pharmacists! Most of the ones I know whos worked in big retails for 20+ years left retail when they started messing with tech hours. One who still work the just dont give a fck anymore or just there to finish out their retirement

Pharmacists who work off the clock for companies they hate deserve every bit of what they get

Pharmacists who work off the clock for companies they hate deserve every bit of what they get

$250k in loans means I've got to keep a steady pay check. Plus I actually like the people I work with even though I don't like the company so I don't mind as much helping my techs out. The store would go to crap when I left because the floaters are horsesh*t.

Off topic but I don’t have respect for rphs who would keep hitting accept button without properly checking the rxs just so that they get out at 9 on the dot. Not only you aren’t valuing your hard earned license, you are also giving them the reason to fire you due to possible errors. If you have to stay 15 minutes late after the closing, so be it. Do what you gotta do to keep your job..

Is it really different elsewhere?
Yup.
CVS, Walgreens, and Walmart are trash.

If you send your patients to these pharmacies you're probably exposing them to risk.

These companies have overworked, overstressed, and often low-quality pharmacists that haven't eaten lunch on a 12 hour shift and never take bathroom breaks.

Yup.
CVS, Walgreens, and Walmart are trash.

If you send your patients to these pharmacies you're probably exposing them to risk.

These companies have overworked, overstressed, and often low-quality pharmacists that haven't eaten lunch on a 12 hour shift and never take bathroom breaks.

A friend of mine ended up getting a UTI from not being able to use the bathroom... =(

The best thing about working at an independent is that I get a full hour lunch breaks. Also, get to sit whenever I want. Go to the bathroom whenever I want. Realized how messed up CVS is once I started working here haha... and yes, I can be online while i'm working lol

A friend of mine ended up getting a UTI from not being able to use the bathroom... =(

The best thing about working at an independent is that I get a full hour lunch breaks. Also, get to sit whenever I want. Go to the bathroom whenever I want. Realized how messed up CVS is once I started working here haha... and yes, I can be online while i'm working lol
I can actually take care of my patients.
Had a Spanish only patient who came in after arguing with CVS.
they'd been giving themselves a weekly injection every day and were mad that they ran out

MD put "instruct patient on administration and use"

Nobody bothered to actually talk to them

Reactions: 2 users