Got written up for Wecare, patient care, and going over demand

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dust off the resume and start applying elsewhere. This is a blessing in disguise to snap you out of your comfort zone and leave for something better. Not worth the stress to work under this kind of threatening environment.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I can actually take care of my patients.
Had a Spanish only patient who came in after arguing with CVS.
they'd been giving themselves a weekly injection every day and were mad that they ran out

MD put "instruct patient on administration and use"

Nobody bothered to actually talk to them

Where do you work at?

Very true. I've gotten quite a few thank you notes from patients letting me know that they appreciated me taking my time to talk to them and that they never knew pharmacists are supposed to take time to counsel.

Members don't see this ad :)
The write up serves as documentation to start your termination process and that you were not discriminated or fired without cause, even though your employment is at will.

The comment section for you in the write up is a scheme by HR and lawyers as proof for them that you got the write up, and to make it easier for you to sign it.

Whenever you are putting notes in your write up or writing anything "explaining" your side, is acknowledging that you physically got the write up.

If your leader is new, put up a fight... don't make it easy for him. If you complain to HR, he will think twice about writing you up again, especially if he didn't write up every store who fail to meet same metric. They have other things to worry about. On the other hand, if it is so easy to write you up, he will probably do it continuously until you lose your job.
i think that is what i am going to do. He will be meeting with me next week.

oh hells yes! been working at an independent. gets paid about the same with M-F 9-6 and stress level close to zero lol

But do you get any 401K/ PTO/ health and disability insurance though? If not, your pay cut would be pretty significant..

But do you get any 401K/ PTO/ health and disability insurance though? If not, your pay cut would be pretty significant..

No 401k. LOTS of PTO. i.e. owner is sending us on a paid vacation for our anniversary. Health insurance covered. Wife works for a med school so we got 401k set.

with combined income of 200k+, not really worried about a small pay cut. Although when they promoted me to PIC, salary got higher than CVS.

This is the time of the year when DMs try to get rid of pharmacists and try to replace them with new grads. My advice to you is take vacation/call out sick on the busy days and make sure your numbers look good on the slow days. Try to make it till end of sept and early oct. By that time most of the new grads will probably have quit and your job will be safe because your DM will be too busy trying to replace them.

Can anyone tell me the hierarchy at CVS for the orgo chart?

pharmacist floater --> pharmacist part time --> staff pharmacist / own your own store with another pharmacist --> pharmacist PIC / pharmacy manager --> district manager --> regional manager --> Vice president --> CEO

is this correct?

Can anyone tell me the hierarchy at CVS for the orgo chart?

pharmacist floater --> pharmacist part time --> staff pharmacist / own your own store with another pharmacist --> pharmacist PIC / pharmacy manager --> district manager --> regional manager --> Vice president --> CEO

is this correct?

Wrong. Bitchy/bossy technician >>>>>>> everyone else.

Reactions: 2 users

Wrong. No good technician is bitchy/bossy. The nature of being a bitch or a boss makes one a horrible person to work with. A technician being a boss is an actual misnomer/idiosyncrasy/oxymoron...

Technicians that bitch about everything and boss people around usually think they're above everyone else...

Wrong. No good technician is bitchy/bossy. The nature of being a bitch or a boss makes one a horrible person to work with. A technician being a boss is an actual misnomer/idiosyncrasy/oxymoron...

Technicians that bitch about everything and boss people around usually think they're above everyone else...

Eh, we have a lead tech at my work who has been a tech more than 10 years. She is probably the fastest typer I have ever seen and her error rate is phenomenally low. I would say that makes her a "good" technician. And she should be bossy, at least to the other techs or else why should she be lead?

But yeah, her attitude is less than stellar to put it mildly. Simply having a poor attitude (or being bitchy/bossy) doesn't mean the person is not otherwise capable of being a good tech.

Although I actually agree with you in a broader sense - it's the techs that couple a bad attitude with near-zero aptitude that seem to think they rule the roost usually.

Today i had a meeting with my district leader to receive a level 1 write up for not meeting target for kpm, we care, and customer service. The pharmacist manager was written up last week. I was even written up for going over demand for the month of May. Though i never make the schedule...
Our store was doing well last year. But this year we lost 2 lead techs, and one tech with experience went to part time. We mostly have new hired now. . And now with the tremendous cut in tech hours, it is so hard to improve the metrics.
Has anyone ever fired for not meeting the metrics? I am trying to polish my resume. If i get written up a second time, i will see it as the writing on the wall.
Sounds like they're trying to force you out...

Members don't see this ad :)
Know more than a few of them.. My current lead tech is an example. I am not terribly fond of her on a personal level due to arrogant attitude but at the same time I respect her ability.

Again, arrogant technician is another oxymoron... especially if he/she is arrogant toward anyone above her pecking order i.e. pharmacist or doctors. I cant stand techs that say craps like “doctors are stupid” as if they are any smarter than anyone else. Yes, intelligence has nothing to do with number of degrees blah blah blah. Yet, you saying something THAT stupid makes you... stupid.

If one has worked as a technician for many years, you HAVE to be good considering it does not take much to become a knowledgeable technician. As in you dont need to be school for years to learn to be a good tech.

Again, arrogant technician is another oxymoron...

I am not sure you know what oxymoron means. In what way are ‘arrogant’ and ‘technician’ mutually exclusive?

I mean if you want to argue that an arrogant technician is automatically a bad tech, go ahead and make that claim. But how does being a tech automatically preclude someone from being arrogant?

Reactions: 1 users
And on a side note the claim that if you have been a tech for years you have to be good is also false. I can’t even count how many bad technicians I’ve worked with that of been doing it for years...

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah how can anyone say being a good tech is easy? They don't go to school like us but that doesn't mean their work doesn't require great skills. You have to be able to type/ fill fast and accurately; have to be great at dealing with insurance rejections; and also be good with angry/ demanding customers.. It's a highly specialized position which requires a unique skill set. It's like saying every rph who has worked certain number of years would be good at what they do.

I am not sure you know what oxymoron means. In what way are ‘arrogant’ and ‘technician’ mutually exclusive?

I mean if you want to argue that an arrogant technician is automatically a bad tech, go ahead and make that claim. But how does being a tech automatically preclude someone from being arrogant?

No, I don't know what oxymoron means. Please explain it to me in your arrogant way.

No, I don't know what oxymoron means. Please explain it to me in your arrogant way.
Why are you so offended?

They pointed out in probably the nicest way possible that you were using the word incorrectly.

Nobody even used the Ingiyo Montoya meme

Why are you so offended?

They pointed out in probably the nicest way possible that you were using the word incorrectly.

Nobody even used the Ingiyo Montoya meme

You must have mistaken me for a pu$$y lol what makes you think that I am SO offended? Because YOU think I used the word incorrectly does not mean I was using it incorrectly. That's called cognitive dissonance I believe. Not really sure if i have to explain myself on anything YOU think is wrong. If YOU think it's wrong then just move on and go on about your business. No need to be a douche or a keyboard warrior about it.

Oh and also, I like how you're teaming up even though this does not concern you. Sorry if I offended you. I'll stop.

You must have mistaken me for a pu$$y lol what makes you think that I am SO offended? Because YOU think I used the word incorrectly does not mean I was using it incorrectly. That's called cognitive dissonance I believe. Not really sure if i have to explain myself on anything YOU think is wrong. If YOU think it's wrong then just move on and go on about your business. No need to be a douche or a keyboard warrior about it.

Oh and also, I like how you're teaming up even though this does not concern you. Sorry if I offended you. I'll stop.
I think you're offended with him because you acted like you were offended.

Now you're throwing a fit.

I don't understand why

I think you're offended with him because you acted like you were offended.

Now you're throwing a fit.

I don't understand why

I promise this will be my last response to you... but... like I said, if this does not concern you then stay out of it. You don't need to understand why you think you're wrong about someone. So... stop? it's annoying. Bye.

I know I graduated college in 1982 and don't remember everything. But how in God's name is arrogant technician an oxymoron.
A rhetorical figure in which incongruous or contradictory terms are combined, as in a deafening silence and a mournful optimist.
Arrogant and Technician are not incongruous nor contradictory.

Literally what

Hey Centi, in case you have not realized, You are annoying people here on the board and being antagonistic. Even with me, and i dont know you. so stop or just get off this site. no one wants to deal with you anymore.