GPA 3.86 MCAT practice test 500 (what are my chances)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scumed2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an international student applying this cycle
GPA 3.86
Biology and psychology double major

I have not taken the mcat, I plan to take it May 22nd. So far I have been averaging 500 (the highest score on the new mcat is 528 lowest is 472)

-Money is not an Issue, I have all the funds.
-I want to apply to mostly private schools because they consider international students. Im applying to Vandy, mayo, loma linda, UVA, Emory, Giesel school of medicine, howard, meharry, Medical college of wisconsin, UNC chapel hill, Albert eisntein, Sunny upstate, Uconn, U hawaii, Warren alpert Brown university. Are these good schools to apply to and also do you have any recommendations?

-What are my chances please I need help Im freaking out a little.

Thanx!!

I have 3 leadership roles
1.relay for life coordinator for AMSA (1year)
2. Drug and alcohol ambassador (1year)
3. International student orientation leader (training took place for the whole summer and then the first couple of weeks of fall semester)

I do research in Educational/ interventional psychology (I would have been in it for 2 years after I graduate college)

Extracurriculars/ volunteers

-American redcross , I am CPR certified, I teach elementary school students about safety (3 years by the time I graduate)

-Learning Ally Reader: Read and record my voice on educational textbooks for blind and dyslexic students. recordings sent all across the USA.

-African Student Union: Volunteer, social activities, fashion show modeling

-Intern For a day at Center for outreach and advocacy ( 1 day program but very beneficial)

-Intern for a day Peace Corp (1 day program but very beneficial)

-Hospice Volunteer (3 years by the time I graduate)
-Athens Regional Hospital volunteer (neurology department and Anesthesiology department Im sure I have about 30 hours)

-Student peer mentor (1 year)

Members don't see this ad.

I see two issues here:

1.) You are an international applicant. That makes your stellar 3.86 just acceptable.
2.) That practice MCAT is waaaaay too low, considering the position you are in. Take another year off and learn to crush the test if need be.

Reactions: 1 user
Practice test of 500 is average on all section... So think of it as getting 24-25 on old MCAT and trying to get into an MD program.

The places that you list are at least in the 33+ range.