GPA advice to be at competitive level to apply for PT school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jn7771992

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I’m in a dilemma and I need some clarification. I’m currently retaking classes I got C’s in and the GRE too right now since I received rejection letters last year. So far I have 3 A’s and still going until spring 2019. I was wondering if it’s necessary to retake classes you got B’s in or stick with retaking prerequisite classes I got C’s in. I want to make sure I’m on the right track and if it’s a smart, efficient way to improve my application.

cGPA:l before retakes: 2.68
pre-req GPA: no clue yet

Thank you so much and message me if you want.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

I’m in a dilemma and I need some clarification. I’m currently retaking classes I got C’s in and the GRE too right now since I received rejection letters last year. So far I have 3 A’s and still going until spring 2019. I was wondering if it’s necessary to retake classes you got B’s in or stick with retaking prerequisite classes I got C’s in. I want to make sure I’m on the right track and if it’s a smart, efficient way to improve my application.

cGPA:l before retakes: 2.68
pre-req GPA: no clue yet

Thank you so much and message me if you want.
How many total credits do you have? I would highly prioritize the C's right now, and just try to get that cGPA above 3.

How many total credits do you have? I would highly prioritize the C's right now, and just try to get that cGPA above 3.

With three retake classes I got A’s in now I have 173 total credits and planning on retaking 2 more classes until spring 2019

Members don't see this ad :)
It will be tough and long to get your cGPA above 3 with that many classes, but I think some schools will consider 2.8+ if I remember correctly. It might be worth it to look into programs like that.

It will be tough and long to get your cGPA above 3 with that many classes, but I think some schools will consider 2.8+ if I remember correctly. It might be worth it to look into programs like that.

I’m looking into that also. I’m really scared that I’m gonna be behind and not succeed due to my GPA since it’s not as competitive as everyone else.

I’m looking into that also. I’m really scared that I’m gonna be behind and not succeed due to my GPA since it’s not as competitive as everyone else.
If you really want something bad enough, you will get it. Just do all you can for the future you want.

Reactions: 1 user
If you really want something bad enough, you will get it. Just do all you can for the future you want.
Are you in PT school right now? If so, what did you do to improve your application?

Nah I'm finishing apps right now, been offered by USA so far, though. my GPA was like 2.9 starting junior year and I finished with a 3.93 in my last 45, landing me at a 3.24 for my bachelors after I figured out I wanted to do PT. Also I focused on nailing the GRE just to offset my pGPA and cGPAs. I also did research for 2 different professors after hounding them for about half a year to let me work with them.

Are you in PT school right now? If so, what did you do to improve your application?
I am in PT school now, by the way

Reactions: 1 user