How to save money in PT school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PT2024-2027

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are some ways to make money while your in PT school? Is this realistic to the amount of work given ?

Members don't see this ad.

Speaking as a second year PT student, I have little to no time for a job outside of school, especially given long class days (9-6, 8-5, somewhere in between). I’ve done the occasional babysitting or pet sitting, but nothing long-term. As for saving money, if you qualify, look into getting SNAP benefits for groceries. Several of my classmates and myself have gone this route and it’s been a tremendous help

Reactions: 2 users
I am debating on if I should stay in an apartment or commute from home. I am applying to the university for DPT that I currently attend as an undergraduate student. It only takes me 15 min to go to school via train. Is it worth it to stay at an apartment due to the workload in PT school ?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am debating on if I should stay in an apartment or commute from home. I am applying to the university for DPT that I currently attend as an undergraduate student. It only takes me 15 min to go to school via train. Is it worth it to stay at an apartment due to the workload in PT school ?
I haven’t started yet but if you can afford to financially and mentally stay home without any expectations of being distracted by family responsibilities, then I would definitely stay and home and save that money in rent and food, laundry, electricity, water, etc. because it will definitely add up.
I got into a school 10 hours away so I have no choice but to live in an apartment.

15 min via train is so easy. Take advantage of living rent free while you can.