GPA auto calculated?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DATMATT

SISU
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you do the online application does it automatically compute your GPA???

Members don't see this ad.

DATMATT:

I don't think so. I think that AADSAS downloads your application and then calculates your GPA as part of the processing stage. They don't report your GPA online, but I think that when they mail a confirmation copy of your application responses to you, your calculated GPA is included.

By the way, does anyone know if we will receive a confirmation copy prior to our applications being mailed to the schools? If so, AADSAS needs to get on the ball--my application was received the first week they were available, and I still haven't received a confirmation copy. I hear that they are "planning" on mailing the first batch of applications to schools next week. I'm not holding my breath. :rolleyes:

After submitting your AADSAS application, you will receive a "confirmation sheet" in the mail that is exactly what dental schools will be receiving and review you as an applicant. This "confirmation sheet" is blue (at least during the 2002 cycle it was blue) and it has all your information that you inputted into your AADSAS application online with the addition of your calculated GPAs.

If I remember correctly, you should receive this confirmation sheet about the same time as the dental schools that you have specified to receive your AADSAS application, which is around a month after your submission or later. AADSAS will send you this "confirmation sheet" around the same time as when they send it out to your applied dental schools.

Smile_Doc is right, Matt, AADSAS online will not calculate your GPAs for you, you will have to wait until this "confirmation sheet" gets to you to see your AADSAS calculated cumulative GPAs.

I was hoping to run into you over the 4th of July weekend in Marquette because I wanted to talk to you about dental schools and your application. If you ever need anything or talk about dental school applications, please feel free to email me or give me a call.

Andy:cool: