1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

GPA calculation for MS Thesis credits

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by totheblue, Mar 25, 2007.

1. totheblue

totheblue Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Our school gives credit for the thesis. They give the credits each semester (usually about 5 credits) for working on the thesis, and they assign a "J" in transcript for "graduate thesis" course if successfully passed (the thesis advisor decides whether it has been successfully passed). After the final master's thesis is presented in graduation, the professor assigns a grade for the thesis, and all of grade for the previous "J" in transcript becomes "J /A" (assuming the person got an A). The thesis letter grade is calculated in the final GPA up to 15 credits (but the letter grade "J/A" will be displayed in each semester). For example, if a person has 20 credits of J/A altogether, only the 15 credit from it will be calculate as A when it comes to the total GPA calculation.

Now, I am worried that the AADAS will not know what the heck "J/A" means.
    Should I explain them before sending them my transcript? If so, how should I? Emailing them? calling them? I don't want them to miscalculate my transcript and get it delayed when I argue about it later.
    What should I do?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.