GPA calculation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luv2sd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do medical schools include college courses taken as a high school student when calculating GPA? I have taken a college course (not AP) when I was a junior and I got a B- in the class... If they include this grade when calculating my GPA, how many grade points would B- be worth? 3.0 or 2.8? and do they take into account how many semester credit hours it was?

I have taken this same course again in college and got a solid A but there's no way I can replace this grade with a B- lol
so on my transcript, it says I have taken it back in 2003 and got a B- but it also says I have taken it again in 2006 and got an A
but this B- is going to lower my GPA down by 0.3~0.4 anyway :( so sad

Members don't see this ad.

Do medical schools include college courses taken as a high school student when calculating GPA? I have taken a college course (not AP) when I was a junior and I got a B- in the class... If they include this grade when calculating my GPA, how many grade points would B- be worth? 3.0 or 2.8? and do they take into account how many semester credit hours it was?

ugh this B- is going to lower my GPA down by 0.3~0.4 :(

yes those will be factored into your gpa. it will be worth 2.6666 and will reflect the credit hours

Members don't see this ad :)

I have taken this same course again in college and got a solid A but there's no way I can replace this grade with a B- lol
so on my transcript, it says I have taken it back in 2003 and got a B- but it also says I have taken it again in 2006 and got an A
but this B- is going to lower my GPA down by 0.3~0.4 anyway :( so sad

I do hope you mean 0.03-0.04. If not, you must have like 12 credits total.

I do hope you mean 0.03-0.04. If not, you must have like 12 credits total.

yeah I was talking about one semester's GPA (17 credits)
the school I went to included B- because I took it on their campus
and I only spent one semester at this school

I transfered to a different school and I started with a new GPA