• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

luv2sd

10+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
Do medical schools include college courses taken as a high school student when calculating GPA? I have taken a college course (not AP) when I was a junior and I got a B- in the class... If they include this grade when calculating my GPA, how many grade points would B- be worth? 3.0 or 2.8? and do they take into account how many semester credit hours it was?

I have taken this same course again in college and got a solid A but there's no way I can replace this grade with a B- lol
so on my transcript, it says I have taken it back in 2003 and got a B- but it also says I have taken it again in 2006 and got an A
but this B- is going to lower my GPA down by 0.3~0.4 anyway :( so sad

IckeyShuffle

MS1 t-minus 1.5 months..
10+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Do medical schools include college courses taken as a high school student when calculating GPA? I have taken a college course (not AP) when I was a junior and I got a B- in the class... If they include this grade when calculating my GPA, how many grade points would B- be worth? 3.0 or 2.8? and do they take into account how many semester credit hours it was?

ugh this B- is going to lower my GPA down by 0.3~0.4 :(

yes those will be factored into your gpa. it will be worth 2.6666 and will reflect the credit hours

About the Ads

TMP-SMX

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician

I have taken this same course again in college and got a solid A but there's no way I can replace this grade with a B- lol
so on my transcript, it says I have taken it back in 2003 and got a B- but it also says I have taken it again in 2006 and got an A
but this B- is going to lower my GPA down by 0.3~0.4 anyway :( so sad

I do hope you mean 0.03-0.04. If not, you must have like 12 credits total.

luv2sd

10+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
I do hope you mean 0.03-0.04. If not, you must have like 12 credits total.

yeah I was talking about one semester's GPA (17 credits)
the school I went to included B- because I took it on their campus
and I only spent one semester at this school

I transfered to a different school and I started with a new GPA

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.