GPA cut off question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shirochan88

The Canadian
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings, I had a quick question with regards to GPA Cut off

From reading forums of current students, it appears that the GPA cut off is close to around 3.1-3.5 With that said from my understanding that is the accumulative GPA

My friend appears to be in an awkward position in which her undergraduate GPA is quite low, (she failed a few courses and was forced to withdraw from school for 1 year). so most likely close to 2.9-3.1 However her final two years by itself was really well over 3.6 On top of that she is currently completing my Masters in Physiology and is about a 3.7 (with that said the accumulative average for her was 72% in undergrad not sure if that is right for) as well this is based on caluculating the best mark of the repeated courses not the average

without regarding mcat scores, does the admissions office take into account the improved undergraduate GPA and on top of that the GPA of Graduate work.

She is interested in the AUC, Ross and St. george.
want to know if she should consider just pursuing a PHD or go for her dream. Her situation is quite close to myself as well except I still have a few years of undergrad. Some schools take only your last few years. but from my impression tha is not the case for Carb schools is it?

Members don't see this ad.

Mostly that is wrong, lower then 3.4 is the cutoff for US MD and DO schools

2.8 to 3.4 is normal range for the Big four, (SGU, AUC, ROSS and SABA)

some will get in with even 2.6 to 2.7 with decent MCAT

That ranges 20 to 30 depends on GPA