GPA Cutoffs???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
K

Kal Gall

Hi all,

I am just wondering if most dental schools have GPA cutoffs? My BCP GPA is lower than my science and overall GPA so I am just wondering if schools have a cutoff for the BCP GPA.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Schools have different cut offs, for example i believe pitt has a 3.2 gpa cut off. I believe for many others its 3.0. But these aren't competitive gpa, you should aim for around a 3.6+

Schools have different cut offs, for example i believe pitt has a 3.2 gpa cut off. I believe for many others its 3.0. But these aren't competitive gpa, you should aim for around a 3.6+

are these cutoffs for overall gpa or science?

Members don't see this ad :)
are these cutoffs for overall gpa or science?
I'm not certain but i believe its for both. someone confirm pls. You can just go to each specific school and look on their website to see their exact cutoffs.

Even if they tell you that they don't have cutoffs, there is a point where you can bet that they will screen you out. The schools want to see academic competency first, otherwise there is no point in considering your activities and all that.