gpa drop??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kikiD623

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question-

The podiatry schools that I got in to said that the final transcript must be sent for senior year prior to matriculation in the fall 2012 class. I had a 3.89ish cum gpa when I applied, however, this semester my gpa dropped to a 3.15 and now my cum is 3.75. I was wondering if this drop in gpa would be enough to afford a withdrawl of my acceptances. The reason for the drop, if I were asked to justify it, would be the fact that I took two very challenging science courses. I expected a drop.. but not my this much!! What do you all make of my situation- any comments appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Quick question-

The podiatry schools that I got in to said that the final transcript must be sent for senior year prior to matriculation in the fall 2012 class. I had a 3.89ish cum gpa when I applied, however, this semester my gpa dropped to a 3.15 and now my cum is 3.75. I was wondering if this drop in gpa would be enough to afford a withdrawl of my acceptances. The reason for the drop, if I were asked to justify it, would be the fact that I took two very challenging science courses. I expected a drop.. but not my this much!! What do you all make of my situation- any comments appreciated!

nope

I doubt it would be an issue because your GPA is way above what the average accepted student has to most schools. I am in the process of leaving Podiatry and going into Osteopathic Medicine, if I had that GPA combined with my MCAT I would be going to an Allopathic medical school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in the process of leaving Podiatry and going into Osteopathic Medicine said:
Thanks for both of your comments.. thing is my mcat is not great but I was thinking that the schools will be considering overall gpa so I hope this one semester won't jeopardize anything

Just curious.. what is it that made you want to make the change to Osteopathic medicine, were you in podiatry school and decide it wasn't for you?

I doubt it would be an issue because your GPA is way above what the average accepted student has to most schools. I am in the process of leaving Podiatry and going into Osteopathic Medicine, if I had that GPA combined with my MCAT I would be going to an Allopathic medical school.

I don't think the OP was asking whether his stats were good for Allopathic. Though, I commend you for choosing your niche and purusing your ambitions for Osteopathic rather than "settling" for a profession you clearly never felt strongly for, podiatry. Good luck

To the OP, your stats are solid and you should be able to get interviewed at the best DPM programs in the country. Best of luck with that process.