GPA enhancer post-bacc suggestions?

Started by deleted530561
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted530561

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys! Hoping that I could get some help here.

I'm currently a 4th year at general bio major at UCSD with a 3.14 cGPA. I plan on graduating this year, but based on my GPA I highly doubt that I'd get into med school so I thought of applying to GPA anhancer type post-baccs. So far, I plan on applying to the following:

U-Penn
Cornell
Temple
CSUEB (cal state east bay)
Commonwealth

If it also helps, I got a 2040 on my SAT and a 31 on the ACT. I also have a 3.38 GPA for upper division Science courses but my lower div science/chem/physics/math GPA is so horrendous it pulls it down to a 3.0. 🙁 I also volunteer at the hospital and researched for 1/2 a year now.

So basically, I was wondering what are my chances of getting into the schools above & if there are anymore I should consider. Also, since I'm applying but haven't graduated yet, does that affect when the schools will review my applications?

Thanks for you time you guys!! 😀😀😀