GPA in Pharmacy school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

twgordon123

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a P1 with a GPA of 3.60 at LECOM-Erie (3 year school). I was wondering what I should be aiming for as a traget for a graduating GPA. Anyone happen to know the average GPA of graduating pharmacists? BTW I plan on doing a residency so I know my GPA should be as high as possible. Thanks!
 
3.75 is a good mark to aim for (i grad with 3.68)

i was lucky at my school...they graded rotations so the last year
it really pulled up my gpa
 
3.75 is a good mark to aim for (i grad with 3.68)
I'm hoping above a 3 is good enough. 😳

i was lucky at my school...they graded rotations so the last year
it really pulled up my gpa
That's a double-edged sword. If you get a bad set of preceptors your last year, then those grades might bring you down. I'm hoping mine are fair.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm hoping above a 3 is good enough. 😳


That's a double-edged sword. If you get a bad set of preceptors your last year, then those grades might bring you down. I'm hoping mine are fair.

It's harder to bring GPA back up if you bomb the first year.

Also note thar residency won't see the GPA from the last 5-6 months of rotations. So many people got senioritis in my class towards the end. 🙄
 
I'm a P1 with a GPA of 3.60 at LECOM-Erie (3 year school). I was wondering what I should be aiming for as a traget for a graduating GPA. Anyone happen to know the average GPA of graduating pharmacists? BTW I plan on doing a residency so I know my GPA should be as high as possible. Thanks!

I think you answered your own question. It should be as high as possible. It is never going to hurt you to have a high GPA.

I wouldn't make it your complete goal in pharm school life. I think if you are running at a 3.6 you are perfectly fine. Don't stress too much, you will get matched somewhere. Hospitals love highering residents (huge return on investment). What they dont like to do is hire you once you're done.....good luck!