GPA of ACCEPTED APPLICANTS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Barton

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious how SDN acceptees stack up against the rest of the world. Please fill out my survey with you UNDERGRAD CUM GPA.

Members don't see this ad.

And I thaught my 3.3 something was going to be lonely.

Why would SDN members be any different than the general applicant pool? After all there is a wide spectrum of people who use SDN. THis is not an elitist organization.

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by medicine2006:
•Why would SDN members be any different than the general applicant pool? After all there is a wide spectrum of people who use SDN. THis is not an elitist organization.•••••That's what we're trying to find out...

Okay Barton I am curious to find out what the results will be. I hope that the sample size is large enough so that it will hold some statistical weight.

Looks like kind of a skewed sample so far........

•••quote:•••Originally posted by SMW:
•Looks like kind of a skewed sample so far........•••••I guess we are elitist afterall :D

(joke) so please don't send me privat messages....thanks :p

•••quote:•••Originally posted by WatchaMaCallit:
• •••quote:•••Originally posted by SMW:
•Looks like kind of a skewed sample so far........•••••I guess we are elitist afterall :D

(joke) so please don't send me privat messages....thanks :p •••••Bastard!!!!

(this is the PM you would have gotton had you not requested not to recieve PM's)

We need more data, folks, so c'mon, you don't even have to post to add your GPA.

I think the poll is useful, but you really should have had categories from 2.70-2.79, 2.80-2.89, and 2.90-2.99... I'm really curious about the people <3.0.

-ttac

We need a larger sample. Those that haven't voted yet please do.

I don't think people are being honest in the poll....do you guys think it's reasonable that 23% of the voters have over a 3.9 gpa? That seems a little high......but maybe I'm wrong. :confused:

I got in with a 3.64, a 27T on the MCAT (heh, I studied for a few weeks before the exam. I flew in from Germany to take it two days later. :p )

In my interview experience, GPA doesn't matter half as much as what you do outside the classroom and your personal character.

Get you some clinical experience now! Volunteer at a hospital, take a medical records job, anything! Believe me, it weighs in heavily and it helps tremendously. Especially those with less than stellar grades and test scores.

oops i voted this morning by accident because i thought it was just SDNers' GPAs, not accepted SDNers, but as of this afternoon, my vote is legit! and damn does it feel good.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by leila:
•oops i voted this morning by accident because i thought it was just SDNers' GPAs, not accepted SDNers, but as of this afternoon, my vote is legit! and damn does it feel good.•••••what? where are you going? Are you the one from FL (maitai?) congrats! :D

Editing: I just saw it was Wake Forest. Congrats! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Very top heavy. I guess that is the trend now. Less people are applying but those who are and get in are very strong academically. I was told that 20 years ago someone with a 3.3 29 MCAT made up the middle of the matriculants. Now those numbers seem weak.