GPA Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDocHopefl

TheFuture
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Is it true that you need a 3.95 GPA and a 45 Z to get into medical school. I heard that if you don't have these stats you will be put into a seperate pile and you most likely won't get in, is this true?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

FutureDocHopefl said:
Hello,

Is it true that you need a 3.95 GPA and a 45 Z to get into medical school?

NO.

If anybody told you that, they were probably messing with your head. If that was the case, a lot of us wouldn't even be applying (I'm not even close to that 3.95 and probably not the 45Z, lol).
I know a WHITE MIDDLE-CLASS person who got in with a decent (not 4.0) gpa, and a 24 MCAT. So, you never know. And she's not the only one. Go to mdapplicants.com and search through profiles, many people get in without stellar scores.

Members don't see this ad :)
FutureDocHopefl said:
Hello,

Is it true that you need a 3.95 GPA and a 45 Z to get into medical school. I heard that if you don't have these stats you will be put into a seperate pile and you most likely won't get in, is this true?

Thanks!

/sarcasm

FutureDocHopefl said:
Hello,

Thanks!

:laugh:

good one

On a troll scale from 1-10, you get a 3. If it weren't for the serious responses, you would have gotten a 1.

FutureDocHopefl said:
Hello,

Thanks!
Yes, but, really, if you don't have those scores you're just a *****.

Plus you'll make a horrible doctor.

I think I have all the standard bases covered there.

Anastasis said:
Yes, but, really, if you don't have those scores you're just a *****.

Plus you'll make a horrible doctor.

I think I have all the standard bases covered there.
ok