GPA screening question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scallionpancake

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was putting my grades into an excel sheet to calculate AMCAS GPA values, and I was wondering if someone could provide some guidance as to how some schools screen GPA. My undergrad sGPA is 2.85 with an upward trend (or 2.87 if I get lucky with a psychology course being counted as BIOL), and cumulative/overall GPA is 3.2.

I am finishing my second year at an SMP, and my GPA is an expected cumulative 3.7, and sGPA is 3.65.

Would a school include my SMP sGPA with my undergrad sGPA? Or would I be screened out because my undergrad sGPA is below 3.0? In this case, is it recommended I re-take some of the earlier undergrad courses at another school as a DIY post-bacc, or would my SMP performance be able to help?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I was putting my grades into an excel sheet to calculate AMCAS GPA values, and I was wondering if someone could provide some guidance as to how some schools screen GPA. My undergrad sGPA is 2.85 with an upward trend (or 2.87 if I get lucky with a psychology course being counted as BIOL), and cumulative/overall GPA is 3.2.

I am finishing my second year at an SMP, and my GPA is an expected cumulative 3.7, and sGPA is 3.65.

Would a school include my SMP sGPA with my undergrad sGPA? Or would I be screened out because my undergrad sGPA is below 3.0? In this case, is it recommended I re-take some of the earlier undergrad courses at another school as a DIY post-bacc, or would my SMP performance be able to help?

Thank you
It's school-specific. Harvard and Stanford won't give you the time of day, but Wayne State and Loyola will.

Reactions: 1 users