Gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

avinash

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
is your gpa usually rounded to 2 decimal places? like 3.32? also, do they round your gpa? so if it were 3.347, would they make it 3.35?

Members don't see this ad.

avinash said:
is your gpa usually rounded to 2 decimal places? like 3.32? also, do they round your gpa? so if it were 3.347, would they make it 3.35?

I don't think that they round up.

At least my school doesn't. Not sure about AMCAS, though. :confused:

as far as i know (which might not be much) they truncate after the second decimal place. rounding isn't fair as it doesn't represent your "true" GPA. it would be nice if they rounded though!!

Members don't see this ad :)
LT2 said:
as far as i know (which might not be much) they truncate after the second decimal place. rounding isn't fair as it doesn't represent your "true" GPA. it would be nice if they rounded though!!

damn..lol :laugh:

I don't think 1/100th of a point makes a whole lot of difference.

amcas does round up to two decimal places.
i don't know about your school...mine kept the gpa to three decimal places.

rounding from 3 to 2 decimal places? jeez, how anal can u get?

LT2 said:
cutting it off would be even less fair. A 3.729 is far closer to a 3.73 than a 3.72 (not like it really matters, but in terms of accuracy).

jtank said:
rounding from 3 to 2 decimal places? jeez, how anal can u get?

i dont care abt it, i was just wondering. Its not like your going to get into med school just beacause your gpa was rounded or cut off at a certain point