gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gd55

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi.....plz guide me on this................
i have done my bds frm india and have 58% as total with no failures in all four yrs. does anybdy know how much gpa would i get ?? does a gpa below 3 shatter all ur dreams to get into a dental school in usa?

any word of advice will b of grt help

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, but YES. You need at least GPA of 3.0 in order to have some chances for interview. And the higher TOEFL, the better. Part 1/2 really doesn't matter so much, but try to pass them. Skills are essential as you will have a practical exam to pass.
Good luck! :luck:

hi.....plz guide me on this................
i have done my bds frm india and have 58% as total with no failures in all four yrs. does anybdy know how much gpa would i get ?? does a gpa below 3 shatter all ur dreams to get into a dental school in usa?

any word of advice will b of grt help

hi
dontworry, go to the acceptance thread and u will see lots of people accepted with gpa less than 3.so just concentrate on ur nbde.
good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi gd55,
Don worry abt u r gpa.If u got good part 1 score, definately u will be in one or other school.i know tons of people got acceptance with good part 1 score inspite of low gpa.
so forget abt it and conc. on u r part 1 .
All d best

Hi DDS1,
I have no idea who told you that. I would suggest you lookup other threads before discouraging anyone.
@gd55, I had a gpa of 2.4 and I got into NYU.
Get 90+ in your part1 and you will easily get in. In case you get less than 90, you might have to struggle a bit. I got 88 and had to do 'clinical research' program. I got a gpa of 4 in it and managed to prove them that the gpa wasn't a true reflection of my potential.
If you have the drive, you will get in!
All the best

really great to see those replies!!
thanx a lot guys.........i feel a bit of relieved from d worry:)

can u plz guide me bout this clinical research program ?? plz spare a minute

once again cheers to all !!!!!!!!

Sorry, but YES. You need at least GPA of 3.0 in order to have some chances for interview. And the higher TOEFL, the better. Part 1/2 really doesn't matter so much, but try to pass them. Skills are essential as you will have a practical exam to pass.
Good luck! :luck:
what the hell:confused: