SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

gpa

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by gd55, Apr 21, 2007.

1. gd55

gd55 2+ Year Member

Feb 26, 2007
    hi.....plz guide me on this................
    i have done my bds frm india and have 58% as total with no failures in all four yrs. does anybdy know how much gpa would i get ?? does a gpa below 3 shatter all ur dreams to get into a dental school in usa?

any word of advice will b of grt help

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. DDS 1

DDS 1 Guest

Nov 25, 2006
    Sorry, but YES. You need at least GPA of 3.0 in order to have some chances for interview. And the higher TOEFL, the better. Part 1/2 really doesn't matter so much, but try to pass them. Skills are essential as you will have a practical exam to pass.
    Good luck! :luck:

4. Saggi9

Saggi9

Mar 7, 2007
    hi
    dontworry, go to the acceptance thread and u will see lots of people accepted with gpa less than 3.so just concentrate on ur nbde.
    good luck

5. chinny

chinny Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Dec 22, 2005
    Hi gd55,
    Don worry abt u r gpa.If u got good part 1 score, definately u will be in one or other school.i know tons of people got acceptance with good part 1 score inspite of low gpa.
    so forget abt it and conc. on u r part 1 .
    All d best

6. AjayDas

AjayDas God's First Mistake! 7+ Year Member

Mar 24, 2004
    India
    Hi DDS1,
    I have no idea who told you that. I would suggest you lookup other threads before discouraging anyone.
    @gd55, I had a gpa of 2.4 and I got into NYU.
    Get 90+ in your part1 and you will easily get in. In case you get less than 90, you might have to struggle a bit. I got 88 and had to do 'clinical research' program. I got a gpa of 4 in it and managed to prove them that the gpa wasn't a true reflection of my potential.
    If you have the drive, you will get in!
    All the best

7. gd55

gd55 2+ Year Member

Feb 26, 2007
    really great to see those replies!!
    thanx a lot guys.........i feel a bit of relieved from d worry:)

can u plz guide me bout this clinical research program ?? plz spare a minute

once again cheers to all !!!!!!!!

8. s m i l e 2007

s m i l e 2007 2+ Year Member

Mar 5, 2007
    what the hell:confused: