GPA's?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chyactnate

SGU SVM c/o 2015!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went to a undergrad school and failed most of my classes, so I was on academc probation for 2 semesters, after that I just left the school and decided to revaluate mu career decision. I have always wanted to be a equine vet, and was considering not becoming that any more. Two years working retail made me realize that I really want to continue my path to becoming a equine vet, however I am now back in school and currently have a 4.0. So what I am asking is if vet schools just look at the better of the 2 grades or do they average them together, or do they take in to the account that people change over time. I dont know what had happen that year at school, but I am not a dumb person, and really want to get into vet school. Thanks in Advance for any advice you guys can give me:)

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on the school. Some take the better grade, some take the first attempt only, and a lot of them average the grades. At some schools you can petition to delete your freshman year grades, and at some schools you can petition to delete grades from 6 or 10 years ago. You should look through the websites of each school you're planning on applying to, and then contact them with further questions. You should also look through some of the other threads on this forum about people with less-than-stellar GPAs for more specific suggestions on a school-by-school basis. Meanwhile, keep up the 4.0 :thumbup: