Gppa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mx41

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello
Just a question I hope in which I will recieve an honest opinion
I'm hoping to be a dentist in the future.
I'm a junior in high school and I am in the process of applying for a college. I was introduced to a program called the GPPA (Guaranteed Professional Program Admissions Initiative) and they select a limited number of people to get into this program and I am not sure whether I should apply or ignore it since the requirements are way higher than what I have achieved. Here's what I got
3.2/4.0 GPA (top 15% of class is req)
Haven't taken the ACT yet (28 is the requirement for this)
- 4-5 extra cirricular activities/clubs

I know my GPA sucks - primarily due to the fact that I slacked freshman and sophomore year ( this year I got straight A's) and I'm wondering if I stand a chance or should I just apply as an undergrad.
Thanks for help in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

this is a joke, right? :sleep: but i'll play your game...

give it a shot...you may be pleasantly surprised and you have nothing to lose

Hello
Just a question I hope in which I will recieve an honest opinion
I'm hoping to be a dentist in the future.
I'm a junior in high school and I am in the process of applying for a college. I was introduced to a program called the GPPA (Guaranteed Professional Program Admissions Initiative) and they select a limited number of people to get into this program and I am not sure whether I should apply or ignore it since the requirements are way higher than what I have achieved. Here's what I got
3.2/4.0 GPA (top 15% of class is req)
Haven't taken the ACT yet (28 is the requirement for this)
- 4-5 extra cirricular activities/clubs

I know my GPA sucks - primarily due to the fact that I slacked freshman and sophomore year ( this year I got straight A's) and I'm wondering if I stand a chance or should I just apply as an undergrad.
Thanks for help in advance.

go to college first and find out if you really still want to be a dentist... soo many people are "pre-med / pre-dent" come into college and decide they don't want to be pre-med after they take bio/chem/or orgo

I agree with ^^^^^. You will probably change your mind between now and then. Believe it or not, you have a great deal of life experiences ahead of you that might change who you are a person. College is about experimentation, getting to know who you really are. Just keep that GPA up while you are in college and you probably wont have any trouble getting in without that program.