GPR Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marium

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear friends,
My GPA is in 3.5's.international dentist with just one year of experience in home country If i want to apply for speciality later,Is doing GPR now be positive to apply or get into a speciality later.Or working in a private practise would help moreto apply to speciality. I know it is too late to ask this question as the date for ranking GPR is just here.
Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Can somebody who have the experience with gpr please give their opinion
I know there are some similar threads , but this specific question really confuses me

Neither is necessarily a bad choice, I think most of it comes down to where you feel you would be best suited. However, in my opinion, A GPR would be more beneficial for specialization. It shows you are committed to education, advancing your knowledge, and will also expose you to more things then private practice would. Also, since you are an international dentist I think a big concern for many programs is what your level of education was in your home country, though it my have been an excellent education, doing a GPR would also show that you're putting forth the effort to make sure your dental knowledge is on par with other applicants.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks a lot for the reply Furcation

How is GPR at Lehigh Valley compared to einstein philadelphia. Does anyboy have their opinion

How is GPR at Lehigh Valley compared to einstein philadelphia. Does anyboy have their opinion
Are foreign trained dentists even eligible to apply to GPR programs.coz all the gpr programs on pass website require DMD.
Have you already applied to these programs???

Are foreign trained dentists even eligible to apply to GPR programs.coz all the gpr programs on pass website require DMD.
Have you already applied to these programs???

There are some programs that take foreign trained students. UCONN AEGD takes international dentists. Some GPR programs in texas takes foreign trained residents. Keep calling the programs. i know its tough but definitely worth it! Goodluck!

i mean if "anybody" had any opinion

I will be getting my DMD in may 2010

Hi Marium and hi to all of you.

I am confused about residensy and advanced standing program. I am a Dr.Dentist from Israel. I have a DMD.
The advanced program from what i understand gives us a DDS or DMD but i allready have one. Is it possible in some States to get a licensure if i finish a residensy in the US let say Ortho and have a DMD from outside the United States?
What is GPR? general densitery?

thanks and regards,