GPR vs AEGD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

canadiant00th

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi. I'm doing my ranking right now for the match and can't decide if I should do a GPR or AEGD. I'm thinking I'll go to private practice after and not specialize. Do you get enough dental experience in GPRs or is a lot of your time wasted doing rotations like anesthesia? I care more about getting better at crowns, endos than surgical extractions. Thanks !
 
Don’t focus on GPR vs AEGD it’s irrelevant, focus on the specific program.
Talk to current residents and ask for their avg number of procedures, scope of procedures, & whether they are happy with the program.
I will say getting better at crowns doesn’t really need a residency. AEGD/GPR’s make sense to attend if you are expanding your skillset aka surgical extractions, implant placement, sedation, molar endo, etc.