GPR in Hawaii

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaukaknowsbest

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi,
A few years ago, I had a long discussion with the program leaders. It was very good then, and was improving... check it out.. speak to the residents.

I was on vacation a few years back and stopped by the hospital to speak with the director then (Dr. French...very nice honest guy). It's based out of Queen's hospital and seems to be a very solid program. Only thing they seemed to be missing at the time was implants and they were working on it so I have no idea what the status of it is currently. The best thing about it in my opinion is the location. Doesn't get any better than that. They do not participate in Match b/c they want people that want to be there, not b/c they didn't Match into another specialty and are stuck there. If you know that's where you want to go and show them commitment, I don't think you'll have a problem getting in. Call up or email the director and he would be happy to talk to you. Even better, if you live there, stop by and check it out for yourself. I also heard there was an AEGD on Maui somewhere but I didn't look into that too much. Good luck.