GPR location?

Started by CLY
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CLY

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wondering...how important is the dental school location in relation to where one would be working later on in GPR or a joint private practice? (Or, AEGD location to where one wants to eventually practice?) I'm a pre-dent, so I'm not too familiar with the situation, but it lingers on my mind... :-} Suppose if I choose to attend a DMD program in, say, Florida, would it be difficult to apply for residency in, say, NYC? This is a place I'd really like go back to live around and work in. I'm not a NY state resident though. Would that hurt my chance?

Thank you thank you thank you!