Technology GPS for pocket pc

Started by surg4me
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

surg4me

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm looking to buy a pocket pc and a separate GPS unit, either wired or bluetooth enabled. Anyone have any recommendations based on their experience, in terms of reliability of map, easy of use, and stability? Is there also a unit that supports VGA? (I am considering purchasing the new Dell x50v). I've heard of TomTom 2004 and OnCourse Nav. Any comments on these or others?
 
i just got the zire72 with the nav pack combo. its super easy to use and im really impressed with the accuracy. i really recommend it! lemme know if you have any questions
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello

I had one that was a CF card. It worked well, but if I were you I'd go for a Bluetooth device, so you can leave the GPS where it can see the sky and you have more freedom with your PDA.

Leo