Other OT-Related Information Grad Plus loan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nOTeworthy

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know the answer and don't have the experience, so I'll ask for her here while she's with me.

WHEN do you apply for a grad plus loan? She's accepted an award letter for a direct unsubsidized loan. She now believes she needs more than she's received for some basic living expenses, and just now learned of a grad plus loan. She's considering other options, but wanted clarification on this first.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm in the same boat, and I have no idea.

I would also like to know! I would call her fin aid office though and ask!

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know the answer and don't have the experience, so I'll ask for her here while she's with me.

WHEN do you apply for a grad plus loan? She's accepted an award letter for a direct unsubsidized loan. She now believes she needs more than she's received for some basic living expenses, and just now learned of a grad plus loan. She's considering other options, but wanted clarification on this first.

You might want to reach out to your financial aid office because the process seems to be different depending on the program. I applied for Grad Plus some time after submitting the FAFSA, after I had received my financial aid package. It is credit-based: PLUS Loans

Hey! You fill out a form on the fasfa website. If you google "grad plus loan fasfa" a direct link will pop up. You are asked how much you want to take out or you can ask for the maximum amount allowed. It's up to the school you're attending on when you can apply. You have to select the time frame you need the loan for. Also, if you apply for August-December you will need to apply for a loan for spring and summer semester if you attend those semesters. You usually receive an answer right away. If you aren't approved you can appeal the decision as well. If rejected you may need to add a co-signer to become approved.