Grad PLUS vs Private loan

Started by usbbr
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

usbbr

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's my first time taking out the loans.
I went through the FAFSA and taking to people.. they said the GRAD PLUS has 8.5% fixed interest rate for 4 years of med schools...

8.5% is high for me since the economy is not that great and I assume the private loan is lower than 8.5%... I check some of the major banks to see if they offer any better deals but don't have much success....

Can you guys give me some suggestions whether I should take out Grad PLUS loan or the private student loan? which private student loan has better deal?

Thanks