Grade Decision Undergrad Help plzz

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AntH2104

Reaction score
So im currently going into my junior year of college. I am a chemistry major and recently this past semester I was taking ochem 2, sociology, ochem 1 lab, some gen ed, and genetics. I did pretty bad and honestly the worst I think I have done. I got an A+ in sociology and in my gen ed. A- in my ochem 1 lab and a B in genetics. I ended up bombing my ochem 2 final and dropped my B to a C+. This is brutal for my gpa and honestly been debating between either accepting the L i took this semester which would push me back in my premed application competitiveness. But, my university allows me up to the 27th to choose between pass covid/ no pass covid for any of my courses taken this spring semester. Any tips or advice on what to do before then? Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Not really. People don't mask As and Bs, so your choice is a C+ that goes into your GPA or a P that will look like a C that won't go into your GPA. Neither will be fatal to your chances, so just do whatever makes you happier. You definitely should not consider turning your B into a P, since that will also be seen as a C by most adcoms.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know how med schools will treat a P in pre-req at this point in the COVID-19 era.

Orgo is the most common cause of a V-shaped GPA trend. So my line of thinking is take the hit and do better from now on. We all like come from behind stories.

Organic is usually everyone's worst grade so you may have an upward trajectory from here. No one is really going to look at a P and mentally change it to a C but they are going to look at GPA by academic year so if you can change a 2.33 to a nothing and change the denominator to exclude those credits, your GPA will be higher than if you kept the C+. I'd do a Covid P/NP if that is still possible.

Reactions: 1 user