Grade verification question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

margs999

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
When doing grade verification can you omit transcripts from cc? I took a couple courses early on in college at a cc which I would prefer not to show, obviously because I didn't do well. Will they come up in verification if I dont send an official transcript from the cc?

Members don't see this ad.

Side note, just looked at my GPA. If I don't include my cc credits im at a 3.02 cGPA and if i do im at a 2.99. I know a lot of schools have a 3.0 screen. If I take a class and get an A in spring quarter ill be back up to a 3.00. I wanted to get my app in on the first day it opens but spring quarter doesn't end until June 25 for me and Im sure it would take another week for grades to come out. Is it worth it to just wait to july to apply or can I send in my transcripts and application and then add the class after to get me up to a 3.0 or would the damage already be done by then?

It's dishonest to not include all classwork because you are supposed to. Do they have means to check if you've taken classes anywhere else? That I have no clue. UGs usually list previous colleges in their transcripts if you sent your transcripts from the CC. If you didn't do that I am not sure

Members don't see this ad :)
You have to include it. It's tough beans. Student clearinghouse I think is the way that they can check. I took a year at CC. Without it I'm a 3.48. With it I'm a 3.01. So yeah, I'd love to just not include that school, but we have to.

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile

I've got 60 hrs @ 3.0 from a school I've never even attended thanks to kickbacks for US Army contracts and I still have to include them. If the transcript exists, you better list it or wonder for the rest of your career if your school finds out and decides to revoke your degree.