Grades after acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, this quarter I'm not doing so well much like last quarter. I'm afraid I might get some Cs, which I know won't look good when I send my final transcript to the medical school I'm attending. The reason for the drop in grades is my lack of motivation to do well since I have already been accepted. I'm sure most of you feel the same.

Anyway, my biggest fear is that I withdraw from all the schools I was accepted to and just choose one. Then, I send my final transcript in and upon reviewing it, the committee decides to rescind the acceptance because of a couple of Cs during the last 2 quarters.

At this point, I am not sure if this could happen. I know if I were to get Ds or Fs then that could definitely be grounds for taking away an acceptance, but how about those borderline candidates who just get a couple of Cs after getting Bs and As in all of their previous classes?

The last thing that I would want is to be left out to dry after all my hard work.

Members don't see this ad.

there's almost no way they can do that, within reason. as long as you gave it your best, didn't make all out F's by never going to class, you'll be fine. don't sweat it. learn for the sake or learning and take what classes you love.

Originally posted by bongsen
there's almost no way they can do that, within reason. as long as you gave it your best, didn't make all out F's by never going to class, you'll be fine. don't sweat it. learn for the sake or learning and take what classes you love.
Well I'm glad to hear that. I've read posts on other threads saying that Cs may be grounds for taking away the acceptance. It's my paranoia kicking in.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was about to ask the SAME exact thing. The motivation to kill myself for As is GONE. All I wanna do now is chill and coast by on Cs but then there's that fear that the med school'll drop you.

call and ask the school what their policy is. they will tell you.

Depends on the school. My school told me "no C's" as the contingency for my acceptance, so I definitely recommend calling.

I also recommend not calling and getting the fear of God reinstilled into you by a possible post-acceptance rejection due to grades, because then you'll erase your senioritis and just cruise with A's and B's

A couple of schools I talked to made it sound like you might be in trouble if you get C's. At Tulane they told me they expected me to maintain the same level that got me in- what a lame "catch-all" reponse. From what I understand they can rescind that acceptance any time they want for any grounds (I would imagine it is within reason). You really should call them and ask.

withdrew from Wash U because of a few C's last semester. *shrug*

Originally posted by Surfer75
withdrew from Wash U because of a few C's last semester. *shrug*

you were withdrawn by them or you withdrew yourself?

Well, how about straight B-s. My goal since being accepted has been to get a B- or higher and I'm sticking to it. Before my goal was to get As and when I did that the lowest I got were B+s. If I follow the same trend I'm looking at getting Cs.

Don't do it slick! Don't take the chance!! We have to go to LLU together!

p.s. Do you know when we'll hear?

Originally posted by AlreadyInDebt
Don't do it slick! Don't take the chance!! We have to go to LLU together!

p.s. Do you know when we'll hear?
:laugh: Yea I know. It would be cool if we both got in but then again you're probably going to UCI.

As for knowing, I'm not sure when we'll hear, but keep the faith. :thumbup:

Originally posted by Slickness
you're probably going to UCI.

Well, seeing as how I haven't had the interview yet, I'm banking on LLU. We'll see ;)

Hehe, speaking of LLU, their acceptance letter says "this acceptence is subject to your maintaining or exceeding past performance..." I know they have to put it in, but it does make me slightly nervous. I thought getting an acceptance before school ends would make the rest a breeze, instead it almost makes me more nervous than before :rolleyes:

I wouldn't sweat it too much, after all, if they offered you a spot in the class, they want you pretty bad. I'm sure it'd take a lot for them to take that away from you.

-Matt