Grades after acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jltuttle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So how much do fall and spring semester grades matter after you get an acceptance???

Members don't see this ad.

When I am accepted, I will spend most of my time riding up grades on my bike.

Members don't see this ad :)
delete

Last edited:
Although by having an acceptance, you do feel the need to "just pass" the rest of your classes and graduate, beware:
-some schools request your graduating transcripts for their records or to make sure you have not slacked off-but these schools will let you know this when they offer you the acceptance
-you can take your classes easy, but why would you want to just pass the classes and screw up your GPA. You never know who will look at your college transcipts later and it would suck to have a semester that ended in a 2.5

Read your acceptance letter carefully. Some schools specifically state that your performance in your senior year should be "in line" or "on par" with your historical education performance. Other letters say you have to pass with a "C or better" in remaining courses. And remember too, if you're taking things you're going to want later (genetics, immuno, biochem, etc.) you may want to study hard in those classes so you get it the first time around.

Although by having an acceptance, you do feel the need to "just pass" the rest of your classes and graduate, beware:
-some schools request your graduating transcripts for their records or to make sure you have not slacked off-but these schools will let you know this when they offer you the acceptance
-you can take your classes easy, but why would you want to just pass the classes and screw up your GPA. You never know who will look at your college transcipts later and it would suck to have a semester that ended in a 2.5

Read your acceptance letter carefully. Some schools specifically state that your performance in your senior year should be "in line" or "on par" with your historical education performance. Other letters say you have to pass with a "C or better" in remaining courses. And remember too, if you're taking things you're going to want later (genetics, immuno, biochem, etc.) you may want to study hard in those classes so you get it the first time around.

people like you guys ruin this thread by providing responsible answers

people like you guys ruin this thread by providing responsible answers

lol i know, the biggest pitfall is really blowing school off and failing a class and not graduating... it is very very rare that a school rejects a person post acceptance because of "subpar" grades... now failing and not graduating is another story

You have to get the same type of grades you did before your acceptance. I know someone that got a D as a senior and their acceptance was revoked. I know it is hard after you get in somewhere and that you get senioritis, but please keep going as you did and keep your grades up. Good luck all!

Thanks for the replies! I don't think I could let my grades tank just out of principle, I was mostly curious to hear if anyone here had known of a school retracting their acceptance to someone because of poor academic performance post-acceptance.

One thing I can say is that I doubt anybody ever had their acceptance rescinded by making Bs in everything post-acceptance, so a 3.0 is probably cool. Low for acceptance but not enough to really bother an adcom. Making a C in one class is probably no big deal, but making Cs in 5 classes is maybe a little different. Also, making Ds or Fs might really put you in dicey territory. So if you want to slack, take easier classes and pull Bs in them. You don't have to study as hard you did before your acceptance, but don't blow off things entirely.

And yes, read your acceptance letter carefully. :)

just get C's
One thing I can say is that I doubt anybody ever had their acceptance rescinded by making Bs in everything post-acceptance, so a 3.0 is probably cool. Low for acceptance but not enough to really bother an adcom. Making a C in one class is probably no big deal, but making Cs in 5 classes is maybe a little different. Also, making Ds or Fs might really put you in dicey territory. So if you want to slack, take easier classes and pull Bs in them. You don't have to study as hard you did before your acceptance, but don't blow off things entirely.

And yes, read your acceptance letter carefully. :)